Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMfan

Major Issues with Acorn on the Roku Channel

Did you ever find out?

I am having similar issues with “Doc Martin” but on the paid subscription Acorn TV.  (A friend is having them also on the unpaid Acorn channel).  These problems are very frequent and getting more and more aggravating and frustrating , especially because I’m paying for the channel.  ROKU has to be well aware of these issues, and doing nothing about them??  PLEASE HELP!!!

5 REPLIES 5
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Major Issues with Acorn on the Roku Channel

Hi @DMfan

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for. We'd like to know more about how we can help. Are you trying to access the content from Acorn TV standalone or through The Roku Channel? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?

With more details, we will be able to help you further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos

I have the Acorn channel loaded on my ROKU device as a stand alone channel, paid through ROKU.  When selected, Acorn channel loads the various shows available.  After I select one, the show begins to load, sometimes with CC showing and sometimes not.  After about a minute, the Acorn channel disappears and the screen reverts to the main ROKU screen.  Very frustrating.  This has been happening for the last few months.  What is the fix?  Should I cancel Acorn. 

By the way, this only happens on Acorn and not on the other 60+ channels I have loaded.

0 Kudos
RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Neutrinoman

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are happy to help you fix the issue with  Acorn TV returning to home screen with CC is visible, sometimes not. Please try to remove channel then restart device from (Settings>System>System restart) and add back the channel.

If the issue still persists, can you please provide us with the following information:

• device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • how do you usually power your Roku device
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
clnzdx2

I have no issues with any other channel I have subscribed to on Roku. Acorn quit working several days ago. I used the chat and did ALL these steps

1) Home -> Settings -> Network -> Bandwidth Saver -> switch it off.
2) Home -> Settings -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Network Connection Reset.
3) Please connect your Roku to your mobile hotspot network.
4) Home -> Settings -> System -> System/Software Update -> Check Now.
5) Home -> Settings -> System -> System Restart/Power -> System Restart

And it did not fix anything. I am paying for this channel through Roku. It is disappointing that I see others having this issue. I spent several hours trying to fix this tonight. If this can't be fixed, why are you charging for this service?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @clnzdx2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Acorn TV since it won't work. We're happy to help. Please try to remove the channel and reinstall it again. If the issue persists, please provide the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos