Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PackLandVA

MLB.TV App Loads - Won't Open

Jump to solution

I purchased the MLB.TV app for this season and it streams just fine on my computer and smart TV. Uploaded the app several times on the Roku device as well as the Roku website.  Seems to load fine, but when I try to open, I get the "MLB" screen, followed by a spinning baseball.  Then it goes back to the home screen.  I've removed and reloaded the app several times, but nothing.

I assume I should be taken to a login/password screen for my MLB.TV account. right?

Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: MLB.TV App Loads - Won't Open

Jump to solution

@PackLandVA 

Thanks for the information.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XS is a much older device and it may no longer be supported by the channel. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
PackLandVA

Jump to solution

I've also checked for an update (good to go) and reset my device and reinstalled.  Still nothing.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

What Roku device are you using.  My Roku Streaming Stick + loads the app fine.

0 Kudos
PackLandVA

Jump to solution

Roku 2 XS - it's an older version, but if it loads the app, I don't know why it wouldn't work.

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@PackLandVA wrote:

Roku 2 XS - it's an older version, but if it loads the app, I don't know why it wouldn't work.

According to numerous posts the MLB app will not work on a Roku 2

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@PackLandVA 

Thanks for the information.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XS is a much older device and it may no longer be supported by the channel. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Maloha401
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue. Our 4 year old Samsung smart tv is no longer supported by the app so we moved the Roku 2 to the Samsung tv and bought a new Roku for the living room tv so we could use Disney+.

The app is there, we get the spinning baseball, but no MLB - it goes back to the home screen. 

PLEASE! I need the roku to work for my husband so he can watch baseball while we watch Disney. 🙂

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Maloha401 

Thanks for the post.

I have replied to the PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maloha401
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!!Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
jribera25

Jump to solution

Danny - I am having the same issue - who can I PM with info so I can get this ressolved?

0 Kudos