Is anyone else having trouble getting the MLB app to work on their Roku device?
It doesn't load when I select it. No error message, just a blank screen. All my other apps work fine.
It worked at the start of Spring Training, but stopped last weekend.
I have tried all the advice I can find online - removing and re-adding the app; rebooting the device; updating the app and the Roku system; changing my password; checking my Roku box/software is still supported (its a 4200, and it is supported). But no joy.
These does seem to happen at the start of every season. Is there a wider issue with the app, or is it just me?
As far as I know, MLB only streams to the US and maybe Canada. I haven't located a definitive answer on their website.
Roku Community Streaming Expert I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well. If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".
Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Have you tried restarting your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back? If yes, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support? Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.
You can reach them here: mlb.tv/support.
I have tried deleting, restarting and readding in that order, but no luck.
I agree it is a problem with the app/channel provider and not Roku, and have been in touch with their support, but they have just advised me to try all the usual things like deleting/readding, changing password etc, and haven't acknowledged a wider issue. I'm trying to find out if other UK users are having the same problem though...