Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arnarn

MLB App Not updating the Version

Hello

Today I opted to take the T-Mobile Promotion for the free MLB yearly subscription. The promotion works on my phone and computer. The problem is the Roku MLB App. I have attempted to update the MLB App version (currently 7.6 build 2). Roku states it is updated, however MLB is saying the version needs to be 9.4 in order to see the current subscription. How can the ROKU update a channel version? I have checked for updates on the channel, removed and reinstalled the channel, and rebooted the ROKU device. This is occurring on two Roku apps. This indicates that ROKU has not allowed the MLB new version to be sent to the ROKU devices. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
arnarn

Re: MLB App Not updating the Version

Per Roku rep the issue is with the channel developer. However, there is not an easy way for customer to reach a resolution. Basically the two companies tell the customer to contact the other. The issue is Roku does not have the current version from the channel. Therefore, no amount of rebooting, channel update checking, or logging in/out by the customer will fix the issue Roku made it clear the channel is responsible. It would be nice if there was a communication path between Roku and channel developers to receive technical issues from Roku customers. Adding the customer service would be helpful to a customer. As a customer I cannot fix a developer issues. Highly suspect it is as simple as the channel pushing the current version to Roku. BTW: the updated version was pushed to Apple. That platform has no issue updating to the current version of the app. The issue is clearly between Roku and MLB.TV. 

0 Kudos
Huskerrah
Reel Rookie

Hopefully somebody will fix this soon, like before the season starts!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

What's the model number and software version displayed under Settings->System->About on your Roku device?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

9.4 is not the MLBtv version number, it's your Roku software that your Roku as to least be upgraded to, we are currently at 10.5. and being upgraded soon to 11.0.0. Version 7.6 build 2 is the most update version of the MLBtv app, and it works fine. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Huskerrah
Reel Rookie

So I need to wait for the new Roku update?

0 Kudos
Huskerrah
Reel Rookie

My model number is 7105x and software version is 10.5.0 build 4210-30

0 Kudos
Triumph326
Binge Watcher

@arnarn  You must have misread something. It’s MLB.TV. Your Roku firmware version must be 9.4 or higher. Also only certain Roku models are supported. The list is available on MLB.TV. Be sure you log in with your T-Mobile credentials 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Have you tried uninstalling MLB and reinstalling?

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key on the Roku remote and choose Remove channel option.  This will remove the channel from ALL Rokus linked to this Roku account.
  3. IMPORTANT- IF YOU SKIP THIS STEP YOU MAY NOT GET A CLEAN RE-INSTALL:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System. Repeat on any additional Rokus linked to this Roku account.
  4. Reinstall the channel to your Roku account via the Roku Home page Streaming Channels menu option. This will install the channel on all Rokus linked to this Roku account.
    Notes:
      The channel will be added to the END of each Roku's channel grid.
      On other Rokus linked to this Roku account you may need to force an update to get immediate installation: Settings > System > System update. 
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

My MLB app upgraded to Version 8.0 Build 1 today. 

Edmund

0 Kudos