Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin67
Channel Surfer

MAX stuck on "choose your plan screen"

Now the HBO has changed to MAX I cannot view anything in the app. When I open max it pops up with a screen that says "Choose your plan". It will not let me select anything but settings and I can't sign in. I have tried updating and restarting my Roku device to no success. My subscription is through Roku so I cannot delete the app and redownload the app to try that out. Getting really frustrated that I can't open a channel I pay a subscription for. Makes me want to drop Roku all together because I can't even contact a support agent as it says my device isn't eligible for contacting a support agent. 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: MAX stuck on "choose your plan screen"

Hi there @Kevin67.

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

This is not the experience we want you to have regarding the Max app being inaccessible and we'd love to assist you with this.

Kindly provide us a photo/screenshot of the issue that you are currently experiencing for us to provide you the best resolution.

We look forward to hearing back so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kevin67
Channel Surfer

PXL_20230531_030345574.jpg

PXL_20230531_030354575.jpg

• Here are 2 pics of it as you can see, I can hit the left arrow key to see settings and that is the only thing it'll let me click on with that not letting me change or log into anything. Thank you for getting back to me. More pics to follow. It only let me do 2.
0 Kudos
Kevin67
Channel Surfer

PXL_20230531_030424900.jpg

PXL_20230531_031013876.jpg

0 Kudos
Ebaca17

Any luck? Mine is doing the same 

0 Kudos
Ebaca17

I ended the subscription through Roku then uninstalled the app, reinstalled and subscribed again. It worked. Hope this helps 

0 Kudos
JayC33
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem since the change from HBO Max to Max. I would rather not unsubscribe and resubscribe because I would lose my grandfathered plan and it’s only affecting one device. (Which happens to be my primary device). 
Has anyone else found a solution to this?

Thank you 

Jay. 

0 Kudos
JayC33
Reel Rookie

I just tested and it worked fine in guest mode. After switching back out of guest mode, it now works in regular mode. 

So switching to guest mode and back worked for me. YMMV but give it a try. 

Jay. 

0 Kudos
Kevin67
Channel Surfer

Still waiting for a reply back from the community manager after I provided pictures of the issue. Still haven't gotten any replies or help. Id rather not have to unsubscribe for the same reason but so far no other solution has been posted. 

0 Kudos
Kevin67
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the input I'm going to give that a try today and see if that will help me as well.

0 Kudos