Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertU

Losing broadcast channels

Several days ago, the TV antennae logo on the live tv tab was replaced with a TV screen logo. Then last night, I started losing the broadcast channels like CBS and NBC. Then this morning, they returned but I lost them again. I am connected to an indoor TV antenna, which worked fine with my old non-smart TV. What is going on and how do I fix it?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Ma75
Reel Rookie

Re: Losing broadcast channels

Unfortunately, I'm also having the same problem, only I've lost all OTA channels, only black screen, since updating to 11.0

I have a 65" Sharp Roku TV 7233x with software version 11.0, and noticed the program guide was not working properly yesterday, then today all my OTA channels are gone. I have restarted tv, unplugged tv, rescanned channels, which shows 23 found, but to no avail will any of them show up..only black screen.

I have another roku tv which hasn't updated yet to 11.0 and OTA antenna is working just fine.

Hope they can get this fixed since we do watch OTA quite frequently.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Ma75 

Reportedly, some users are having issues with the OTA and the new OS11 update.  I believe build 4184 may address it. (Settings/System/About)

For now, when you have a black screen, can you use left arrow to access guide and then select a channel from within the guide.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Ma75
Reel Rookie

No channels were showing up in guide at all until I used option* and chose manage channels, all channels, since I had just scanned again and guide showed up with all the channels!! So I chose one and it worked!! I also checked build and I do have build 4184.

Earlier when guide did not show up I did the option to show favorite channels, since I had some programmed, but nothing...guess I picked the wrong option in manage channels.

Anyway, thanks for your help, AvsGunnar, and glad I tried again. For some reason had to do with the options in channel guide for my problem!

steve14
Streaming Star

On my Hisense Roku TV, I had lost access to all OTA channels.  To fix it,  I selected Live TV on roku home screen, then got black screen.  I clicked on * on remote and clicked on manage channels and then selected all channels and it now works fine. AND all the channels have information displaying what is on the channel...for several  months , the guide was showing no information.  Glad that was fixed finally by roku.

Roku better clean up their act...their stock price is tanking. 

0 Kudos