Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
birney

Locked Channels On Global TV App

Jump to solution

Installed the global TV app. Went to the website it said on sign in and put in the code provided. I pay for history channel/food netowork etc but on the TV it says I am only able to get Global TV and Global News. All other channels are locked. I don't understand why since I pay for these channels through cable.

If I go to the history network to sign in it just takes me to the Global website. Does anyone know how I can get these channels to be unlocked?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Locked Channels On Global TV App

Jump to solution

@birney 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@birney 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DrWilmore
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Why canʼt I access the specialty channels I am subscribed to when I sign in with my Bell cable credentials?

Unfortunately Bell has made a decision that prevents subscribers from unlocking the additional content from HGTV, Food Network, W Network, Slice, National Geographic and Adult Swim vis the Global TV app. We encourage you to share your feedback with Bell directly. Note that you will be able to access the Global TV and History On Demand and Live-stream content with your Bell credentials.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I logged onto the TV app via Eastlink with assistance from my iPad, around a year ago, and generally was only able to watch about 3/4 the content.  It kept logging me out after absences and I could not remember my password, so I left it be.  So, I finally logged back in yesterday after not having done so for about 8 months, and I literally could not watch anything (it was 95% locked), as it only allowed me Global News and XTV.  I was frustrated, and decided log out and try with my laptop, and all my channels appeared, YAY!!!!  Maybe, try a PC, if you are having issues!

0 Kudos