Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwhee
Reel Rookie

Local channels have changed

I am viewing Youtube tv streaming service through Roku Express 4k+. Today my local channels have changed to Tampa. They had been (correctly) in the Ft. Myers/Naples area. I have gone into Roku settings and input my zip code but I am still getting local stations from the wrong geographic area. I unplugged the Roku device and plugged it back in, but no difference.

Roku is connected to HDMI-1 on my Vizio set, as it has always been.

When I change the input to Smartcast and open the Youtube tv app directly from my Vizio, the local channels are correct.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Local channels have changed

Hello @Gwhee

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

To change the location of your local news channels, please ensure the system is updated to its latest version. I suggest you follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1. Restart the system by navigating to Settings->System->Power->System restart
2. Update the system by navigating to Settings->System->System update->Check now
3. Select Settings followed by System
4. Select Zipcode and enter your zip code
5. After you enter your zip code, you need to set up the Live TV input again and let your Roku TV re-scan the "over-the-air" channels.
6. Navigate to Home, and select Live TV. If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input
7. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup.

For additional information on setting up the Live TV input, please refer to this link: How do I set up the Live TV input on my Roku TV 

Hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Gwhee
Reel Rookie

Thank you. Will try it.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Gwhee-

YouTube TV video on changing your local area:

https://youtu.be/8qP-auptwDA

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Hi Karla,

I'm having the same problem with my Hulu Live. I've checked my Hulu subscription and location and my local channels are showing up using my laptop, but not on the devices connected to Roku.  How do I fix this? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@sharkettesuz72 there's nothing in the Roku OS that is causing this. Something in the Hulu app/channel is identifying your local area incorrectly. The first place to look is within the settings on the app on your Roku device. Since you get the correct channels on a computer, any settings in your main account apparently are not being used by the app on your Roku. 

Hulu (Disney) is responsible for the way their channel/app works on a Roku device. You might need to contact their support line to see if there's something hidden within the app or if it's something they can change at the server end. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos