Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbriggs283
Channel Surfer

Loading apps very slow 2020 Ultra (4800X)

With the latest update apps are extremely slow to load. Sling can take a full minute to load and other apps regularly take 30 seconds to load. Streaming is fine once I start. Internet is not a problem. 
tried the secret screen with cycling the update server and then updating software. Version 11.0.0.4184 Build is C2C.00E04184A Date 20220418 22:40

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Loading apps very slow 2020 Ultra (4800X)

Hey @sbriggs283

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

In some cases, removing one to two of the affected channels and then reinstalling them may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sbriggs283
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the advice. I removed three different channels and restarted the Roku after each removal and reinstallation. I also deleted a few channels that I was no longer using. Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue.

I honestly don't think this is a playback issue as navigation and streaming within the channels are fine once they load. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@sbriggs283

Thanks for the post.

How many channels do you currently have installed on your Roku device? Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sbriggs283
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny, I have 13 channels on my device.

I've rebooted the router a couple of times and I have tried both Ethernet and wireless. My ISP is Xfinity and I'm consistently getting ~115 Mbps down and ~6 Mbps up at the router. On wireless devices within a similar range as the Roku I consistently get ~90 Mbps.

LiamP
Reel Rookie

Having the same issue after update to 11. Very very slow.

0 Kudos
sbriggs283
Channel Surfer

I should say that everything I’ve tried hasn’t helped so far. It would be nice to have the snappy interface back. I hope we can find a fix. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@sbriggs283 @LiamP 

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you. Have you recently checked for a system update to see if you can get the latest OS update?

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-ISP with router make and model
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-when did you start seeing this issue occur
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sbriggs283
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny, thanks for your team's persistence in working on this.

I checked for an update and this is the information I received. 
Software version: 11.0.0
Build: 4193
Last checked: May 19 4:57 pm
Last updated May 3 6:09 pm

Here's the full information

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra
Serial number: X01000RX0AL2
Software version: 11.0.0 • build 4193-C2
Device ID: S02A20AXOAL2

ISP: Xfinity, Performance select plan 100 down 5 up
Router: Netgear Nighthawk CAX80

The issue occurs on all channels

I ran the issue tracker report. Here are the details

Issue report tracker
Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra
Serial number: X01000RX0AL2 (S02A20AXOAL2)
Software version: 11.0.0 • build 4193-C2
Timestamp:2022-05-19T23:02:147
Please use issue ID L2-200-102 to report the current issue.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

Select a channel using the directional pad.
click OK.

I started seeing this issue about a month or more ago. I can't recall a specific date.

0 Kudos