Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ziva18
Binge Watcher

Live from Israel channel is no more

Jump to solution

Was Live From Israel channel removed by Roku? If it got a new name, will you please post it here? Thank you,

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ziva18
Binge Watcher

Re: Live from Israel channel is no more

Jump to solution

A response from Roku : "the Israel TV live has been removed from the Roku channel store by the Israel Channel provider, as Roku doesn't have any access to the particular channel, we would suggest you contact the respective channel provider for further assistance". If any one has an idea how to find Live From Israel provider please let us know. Thank you! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
83 REPLIES 83
Savanwest411
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The channel disappeared. I’m looking for the same answer. What happened to live from Israel. 

EBL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here, but a friend still has it.  So, this is weird. 

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It probably got removed because the developer of the app did not submit it for certification.  All minor channels must be submitted by the developer to Roku Inc. for certification.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
EBL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Then why would a friend of mine still have it?

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Cause your friend’s Roku device is probably a model released prior to 2013/2014 that no longer receives software updates.  All Roku devices released before 2013/2014 have dropped support in summer 2020.  That was almost two years before Roku announced they were removing non-certified channels from their devices in March of this year.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Advalin

Re: live in Israel channel disappeared

Jump to solution

The live in Israel channel is gone. Anyone know of another alternative?

ziva18
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Is there  way to know who the developr is? 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@EBL wrote:

Then why would a friend of mine still have it?

That is a good question. The answer may not be so easy, as we don't have a lot of information that could point to the reason.

Where are you located?

Where is your friend located?

What is the exact name of the app? Your friend should be able to supply that.

What is the current version/build of the app your friend is using? (Highlight app, Options, info displays.)

Was it added via Channel Store (either an app found on Website or from the device itself)? Or was it a code entered on the Website?

Was your account set up in the same country in which you currently reside?

Was your friend's account set up in the same country in which he currently resides?

What Roku model number does your friend have? What do you have? (Settings > System > About)

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
LNK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can We contact the developer and help him/her get a certificate? That way the same issue with the previous Israeli channel as well. What a shame.

0 Kudos