Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ccargo
Reel Rookie

Live channels on AMC + no longer on AMC menu have to go to Roku Channel

2 days ago the Live channels on AMC + stopped displaying on the AMC+ channel.  You can still access them on the Roku Channel Live list but it takes much longer and since they are AMC offerings, I think they should be on the AMC menu.   I wrote to AMC and they replied that I should cancel my Roku AMC account and sign up for their channel directly.  I just did a year of Roku AMC!   Anyone else notice this?   Hopefully Roku will change it back.    Ccargo

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Live channels on AMC + no longer on AMC menu have to go to Roku Channel

Hello @Ccargo

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Ccargo
Reel Rookie

Karla, thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, when I click on options for the AMC+ channel icon, delete does not appear.   

I did find that you can get to the channels quicker by going to Live TV on the left side menu.  I would rather not restart the device and have to do all my logins again.

Gary

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Thanks for your post @Ccargo.

Try to do a quick update on your Roku by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now. 

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact AMC's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Ccargo-

Since this is a premium channel to which you subscribed through Roku, "Remove channel" will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions". Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period. You can resubscribe later if you like.) Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Ccargo
Reel Rookie

I did finally go thru the hassel of removing AMC + roku channel and resetting the device.  After all of the time and effort the AMC+ Roku channel still does not show the AMC Live channels on the menu.  I downloaded the AMC+ channel on a promo and their channel does, although without the preview of what's playing at the time. I will use the Roku Left menu for Live TV Zone to get to them fairly quickly.  

I wish Roku or AMC would return them if they removed them.  If other people see the listing then my issue was not fixed.

0 Kudos