Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rastgar

Live TV and apps not working

Tried flipping from regular channel to roku channel. Screen freezes while regular channel audio continues. Checked for updates, it's updated. Rebooted the TV and finally got it to play the channels. Now going to apps, it freezes and goes back to the home page. Now the app is just buffering and can't go back to the home page. What am I supposed to do here?

2 REPLIES 2
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Live TV and apps not working

Hi @Rastgar

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you are experiencing issues with both live TV and apps on your Roku, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Restart your Roku:  We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.
  • Check your internet connection: Make sure your Roku device is connected to a stable and reliable internet connection. You can check your internet connection speed by running a speed test on your computer or mobile device.
  • Check for Roku system updates: Make sure your Roku device is running the latest system software. You can check for updates by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now.
  • Reinstall the app: Have you tried removing the affected channel and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Glad2Be

Re: Live TV and apps not working

I have performed all of those steps. My internet show "excellent." Still having uploading issues: Hulu error code 504; PBS "unable to play video; DRM content." All free  streaming channels slow to load then kicks into buffering then black screen. Again, I've restarted, updated Roku and wifi modem. What is the fix?! 

0 Kudos