Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Language changed on Highway to Heaven

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

I'm having the same issue too.

My Dad loves the program so I hope tgey fix it soon.

0 Kudos
EmmieStacy
Reel Rookie

Wow. I'm here cause I'm having the same issue. At least I'm not alone and it's nothing I did. Thank you to the one who told us about the other streaming channels that have Highway to Heaven. I just downloaded Filmrise. I hope they get this issue fixed soon

Angieg

Re: Specific show on Roku channel is stuck in spanish

"Highway to Heaven " on the ROKU channel has also now changed itself from English to Spanish despite all settings set to English. I watched Season 1 episodes 1 and 2 and when episode 3 started, it was in Spanish.  I have checked other seasons and episodes and they are all in Spanish.  All other shows I play so far remain in English 

0 Kudos
Beantowngirl
Reel Rookie

I am also having an issue with Highway to heaven playing in Spanish. it's really annoying. When will this be fixed?

0 Kudos
Beantowngirl
Reel Rookie

I agree. VERY ANNOYING!!! When will this fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Angieg @Beantowngirl

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We are aware of the issue and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating it. Once we have an update, we'll let the Community know immediately.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
streaming_fan
Roku Guru

@Celeste56 @Beantowngirl @Angieg @EmmieStacy @Mike222 @mimi7 @meyerma11 

Highway to Heaven fans...

Did You Know?

Little House on the Prairie S1 E13-14 "The Lord is My Shepherd", written and directed by Michael Landon, also features an angel named Jonathan (played by Ernest Borgnine).  

46867h.jpgLaura.jpgJohnathan_Angel.jpgJohnathan_and_Laura.jpg

Summary: Laura fails to say a "get well" prayer for her sick baby brother.  Later, when the baby dies, Laura feels that she is to blame.  She seeks advise from Reverend Alden who tells her that to be sure God will hear her prayer, she must get "closer to God".  Laura in her childish naivety promptly sets out to climb to the top of a nearby mountain.  Laura did not prepare well for her journey, and upon reaching the top she soon finds herself without food or shelter.  Laura falls asleep on the cold ground but wakes up in the morning with a warm coat covering her.  She looks up and sees what appears to be God.  But it is only a man named Jonathan.  Johnathan gives Laura hot food and drink as well as spiritual comfort and good advice to ease her worrying soul.  Laura confesses her terrible mistake to Jonathan, who will help her to build a bonfire to get God's attention.  The bonfire succeeds in getting her father Charles Ingalls attention who comes to the top of the mountain to take Laura home.  Laura confesses to her father but it is not necessary, Charles loves Laura most of all.  Laura wants to introduce her father to Jonathan, but he is gone.  A lone white dove is seen flying up into Heaven.  It is Jonathan, the angel who saved Laura during the previous cold night, returning to Heaven.  

Was this Michael Landon's first conception of the idea of an angel named Jonathan that comes down to Earth to help people in need (the basis of the premise of Highway to Heaven)?  

Fans of Highway to Heaven are certain to find enjoyable comparisons between the two television series in this fine episode of Little House.

Little House is streaming on demand on Peacock TV.  

EmmieStacy
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the info. I love that episode of Little House but I had never made that connection. That is an interesting thought and could be how he came up with the idea of the angels name on Highway to Heaven. Since you brought up the episode I think I will watch it again. Thank you 😊 

Re: Roku channel changed audio to Spanish from english.

I was just watching Touch by Angel like I always do, and I decided to catch an episode of Highway to Heaven oh, and it was all in Spanish. How do we change the Audio? I was wondering if I had inadvertently done something to change the audio. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP US WITH THIS???

0 Kudos