Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of security for changing PIN

How can a person talk to a live person, to get support? This is the issue I need an answer to; Most websites require the existing PIN to be able to change the existing one. I know I could just log out, but that's not my question! I'm just trying to keep my teenagers from watching checking the computer to see if I forgot to logout of Myroku.com, Then change the PIN, add adult channels, watch trash then remove the channel. This is a security risk, with computers keeping you logged in! I know when they have been doing this, because the pin is different! 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Lack of security for changing PIN

I would suggest logging out of roku.com AND logging out of the computer (or at least locking the screen).  Then you have two levels of security and will hopefully remember at least one.

Also, if you leave your email logged in, then the kids can probably use the forgot password feature.  Logging out of the computer will protect that as well as would logging out of email.  (Here too, doing both is probably a good idea.)

0 Kudos
major36

Re: Lack of security for changing PIN

@Strega wrote:

I would suggest logging out of roku.com AND logging out of the computer (or at least locking the screen).  Then you have two levels of security and will hopefully remember at least one. basketbros

Also, if you leave your email logged in, then the kids can probably use the forgot password feature.  Logging out of the computer will protect that as well as would logging out of email.  (Here too, doing both is probably a good idea.)

Okay, I'll look into it.

0 Kudos