Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlee

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

I've tried updating, I've checked my wifi, I've contacted netflix and other providers I have subscriptions when this occurs, and then I realized, if its more than one, then the common denominator is roku, and I don't intend to reset my smart tv.. I use three primary channels, Netflix, Viki, IQiyi..  netflix and Iqiyi are both acting like fools.  Netflix i've been bounced off at least a dozen times before I went to another channel. so, would deleting the channels and readding them help? 

0 Kudos
BJames
Binge Watcher

I did the factory reset and it didn't work.  I returned it and got an Amazon fire stick 4K Max, been using it about a week now and have had no problems.  I still use my old Roku streaming sticks on my other tvs and they seem to have no problems.

0 Kudos
AnnoyedLady
Streaming Star

@Bobbie5 @Mommacowhick08 @Snakeinthegrass 

I may get in huge trouble for sharing this but here's a number for Roku

I missed the call and they never called back 

Maybe if we all flood them with calls, they'll get off their collective tushies and actually DO SOMETHING 

IMG_2814.png

0 Kudos
jetrep
Reel Rookie

You are correct this seems to be a problem with quite a few users across the entire Roku product line.  It would be nice if Roku would at least let the community that they are looking into the issue.  But I think that it may be that word will begin to circulate through social media, electronics websites, etc.  I hope they get a fix or software patch out there soon.

0 Kudos
AnnoyedLady
Streaming Star

@jetrep  Or we all need to flood their CS line hehe

IMG_2814.png

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

There is a stand by mode..... Just stand by and it will start doing it again.... lol

NomadVagabond
Binge Watcher

I haven't posted for a while since trying what @makaiguy posted, and a few other things.

I was afraid to jinx it or speak too soon. It's been a few weeks and... Dare I say it? 
It's been better.

In fact no issues since (knock on wood).

However, I think there's been only 1 update since. Keep that in mind, because they often re-trigger the problem.

After all the months of problems & no real solution from Roku, other than their typical advice which was followed more than once... I narrowed down the problem (here), was most prolific on Rokus 4k devices, verses older versions for us (we have many versions in different rooms. New & old).

I verified the systems were up to date. Connections were good. Deleted & re-added apps. Ran through the refresh of system etc. The same old tropes that we've all been trying and then added the suggested tip by @makaiguy 

Note: I did not do a "system factory reset" during this last attempt to figure out the problem. 

I did do a "restart" as instructed. 

Hopefully, I linked @makaiguy post correctly. If not, I'll paste his posting below.

I found I did indeed have his mentioned "fast start" enabled. I didn't even know it existed. 

I turned it off. 

I also turned standby off.

This got rid of the annoying light. This "standby" may or may not have, factored into the problem but I was happy to be rid of the light that forever was on at bottom of TV. 

This last round... Crossing fingers & knocking on more wood...  "seems" to have worked for me. 

It's probably all going to blow up now or make me a liar in short time. Meanwhile though, it has been weeks since I've had the problem. I couldnt go hours or minutes before. Maybe that last hoorah, was the trick or maybe my devices are playing mind games, but I thought I'd post about it. 

Just In case it really does help someone else, because this problem is pretty frustrating and Roku seems to not care, which is disappointing after years of being our go-to's.

Also Note, Turning those 2 items off, has had zero negative affect on how my TV turns on. I don't miss this standby or fast start option that may or may not have been been a factor to our problem. I do enjoy the "no booting" to home screen, though. Crossing fingers again for all of us. Lol

Here's what @makaiguy said.

(Note the additional "standby" option is in the same menu as his mentioned "fast start". If you are interested in checking it out or in case it was part of the issue as well). Good Luck!:

====
If you have Fast Start enabled on your Roku TV, turning your set off/on just toggles you into and out of a reduced power standby state and doesn't give a complete restart. (>Settings > System > Power > Fast TV Start)

To get a complete restart use menu path >Settings > System > Power >System restart, or unplug from power for a few seconds.

#RokuSupport #kickingtohomescreen #beingbootedwhilestreaming #kicking

0 Kudos

I have also experienced this issue over and over again for no apparent reason. Everything like the above mentioned including the Roku screen mirroring app. What's wrong with the TV? Any answers at all yet?  Suggestions?

0 Kudos

I tried all of the suggestions and nothing seems to stop my TV from editing the apps after a short time. Mirroring edits literally less than five minutes of watching.

0 Kudos
AnnoyedLady
Streaming Star

@mrswepson2  ...may I just say the quiet part out loud.. we've all been doing all those steps repeatedly, hun.. and the problem persists.. Roku IS the manufacturer and I know >>I've<< reached out innumerable times through emails, phone calls, SM posts etc with no concrete acknowledgment from Roku that they're aware of or working on the issue... but thanks for playing..