Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnoyedLady
Streaming Star

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

@Carrimckown ... my takeaway from this thread is that it's a good thing I didn't spend hundreds on the TV.. I use the non4k streaming device which is relatively inexpensive to replace if my irritation level gets high enough...

Oh! Wanted to throw out a NEW quirk I experienced a few hours ago.. the theme pack reset itself 💃🏽💃🏽 I sleep with the pandora app playing music; I woke up bc there was silence.. I went to the living room to do the ole Restart thing and saw that instead of my chosen Jungle theme, the screen was now set to the pink Barbie theme...??!! No biggie, it's resettable, but hooo it was weird...

mandy11
Roku Guru

Roku thinks we are all dumb clucks and they  may be right, after all we all bought Roku devices. They now send a shill into the thread to tell us all the stuff that RokuMary told us at the beginning of this thread. The same stuff that didn’t work in the first place. 

AnnoyedLady
Streaming Star

@mandy11 ... BINGO

0 Kudos
NomadVagabond
Binge Watcher

This is what happens to me when I start re-experiencing an uptick in the kicking to home screen. I think it's all update driven & they have a glitch that's gone unfixed. @roku@rokusupport really needs to figure iit out & not blame the user because it's apparently wide spread.

Currently, the turning off the fast start & the stand by (limbo state of TV) that I posted about, has "seemed" to help. I guess I'll find out if I get another update if I'm still OK.  🤞 

NomadVagabond
Binge Watcher

We appreciate the troubleshooting tips but we've all been through them multiple times over months. While it might help some in some circumstances, it does not help this particular issue. 

AnnoyedLady
Streaming Star

@NomadVagabond ... I don't think it's blaming the users so much as it's deflecting while someone in the background is desperately searching for the solution.. if they toss out troubleshooting tips (useful or appropriate or NOT) they can say that they weren't ignoring the issue.. and we all know that no company on earth is going to admit that they don't know what's causing the problem bc they're afraid of backlash --granted, there's backlash NOW, but not nearly as much as it would be if it were to be said they don't understand their own product... y'know?

I'm confident they DO know there's a huge problem.. with SM being such a Thing, the odds are that any platform/site that they have a social account on will have been flooded with people complaining... 

BJames
Binge Watcher

Mrswepson2, while I appreciate all the possible solutions, I used an older Roku device and all the issues disappeared. I just returned my Roku and got a fire stick, again, no problems, all apps work and not kicking. Therefore, I am positive the issue is with either a hardware issue with new Rokus or a software issue. If the issue was with the apps, or the TV, then this issue would show up with other streaming devices but the don't and there is no issue with my old roku that I attached to the same tv I used my new Roku on with no problems.

AnnoyedLady
Streaming Star

@mandy11 .. right? Well that's why I was asking the other person how old is old, eventually the light bulb may turn on LOL

0 Kudos
AnnoyedLady
Streaming Star

@NomadVagabond ...TYVM about the ages.. for me, this is becoming somewhat of a brain teaser or gigantic puzzle, all these little bits & pieces of info will surely make sense if I can swirl em together, right? Oh and just a chuckle for any readers, I'm SUCH a dinosaur, I had no idea Roku existed before last year... and here I am, trying to figure out what tech glitches are going on in a device I'm still learning to operate BAHAAHAA 

Where there's a will, there's a way???

0 Kudos
BJames
Binge Watcher

My “old” Roku is probably over 4 years old and has never been updated to new software.  When I put it on the family room tv it was to try to solve a buffering problem with the tv.  The Roku solved the buffering problem so I determined that the problem was related to the tv’s ability to stream.  I ordered a new Roku for my family room tv and then moved the old Roku back upstairs.  The kicking issue started with the new Roku.  We still have the old Roku on our upstairs workout room, and it works flawlessly.

0 Kudos