Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teresaluther
Binge Watcher

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

I have tried all the suggestions I’ve seen listed including the factory reset.  It’s gotten to the point that I can’t get through any show without being kicked back to the Home Screen.  

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

I bet you wouldn’t have that problem with a firestick 😂

0 Kudos
Teresaluther
Binge Watcher

I also don’t have it with the other 7 Roku devices I own.  I blame the piece of junk HighSense TV.  

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

I don’t think it’s the TV. I have one and it kicked me back to the home page just as often as my other four remotes that I was using on my regular Tv’s

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings @Teresaluther,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for reaching out.

Let's see if connecting your device to an alternative network like a mobile hotspot to see if there are any differences.

Keep us posted,

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

Question. If the other seven devices work on that network. What would the purpose be of moving your Tv to a different network ?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mandy11,

Thanks for the inquiry!

We'd like to see if the issue you're experiencing might be related to network congestion.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

Ok so would disconnecting the other seven devices  work ?

0 Kudos
BJames
Binge Watcher

Hi Rey, not sure you read all the other posts but I had 2 Roku sticks both worked perfectly and continue to work perfectly and are 6 years old.  Got a new Roku for a tv downstairs but removed one of the old Rokus so still only had 2 devices.  The old Roku still worked perfectly, only the new Roku kicked me back to the Home Screen.  So there is no network overload issue.  Tried all suggestions offered by others on this link but nothing worked.  Traded it in for an Amazon fire stick and now have 1 fire stick and 2 old Rokus that all work perfectly.  Just a note, I have never updated my old Roku devices 🤔🤔, logic would say it is probably a software problem.

Final comment, it is evident that Roku, does not believe there is a problem, Roku has never admitted there is a problem, so Roku is not making any effort to correct the problem.  Only solution is find a different streaming device!  Oh, please note,  I am not bashing Roku, I still own two Roku sticks that work great! I am bashing the TOTAL lack of customer service, not admitting there is a problem, and not informing the community of what efforts Roku is taking to solve the issue!

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

It’s really nice to find some one else that understands the problem. 
thanks for the breath of fresh air BJ

0 Kudos