Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcrossenjr

Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

While watching it will go to the Home screen. It seems to do this when triggered by a commercial. Also it seems to be happening on my Discovery Go platforms. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thefix
Reel Rookie

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

The fix for me was plugging the device to a wall plug instead of the TV for the power source there was not enough power from the  TV source. I was not having no problems till recently but this seems to fix the problem.

View solution in original post

100 REPLIES 100
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @Mommacowhick08,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern that you are having a playback issue with multiple channels.

Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

Try the steps below to help resolve the problem:

1. Check for updates (Settings > System > System update > Check now)
  2. Try removing the channel that you are experiencing the issue with from the Roku home screen. Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more and see if this clears up the issue.
  3. Check Internet connection (Settings > Network > Check Connection) must be "Connected"
  4. Restart your Roku player: Settings > System > Power > System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  5. Last resort, factory reset ( Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset )

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing, however, if the issue is still unresolved, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Also, if you're powering it from a USB port on the TV, try an AC adapter (which is included in most cases.)  Some TV USB ports don't supply quite enough power.

Mommacowhick08
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a ruku tv so I don't have to use the usb

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mommacowhick08

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the suggestion provided in my post above? Please also provide us with the troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

Warm regards,
Lianna

kgiven
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having same issues. I have a Roku ready TV. What is the problem causing this over the last few weeks? 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @kgiven 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? What are the channels affected? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NomadVagabond
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is happening to us on multiple TCL Roku TVs in the house for several weeks now. Apparently when googling the issue, it's happening to many people. All of our apps here are up to date. TVs have been turned on & off to refresh but it's still happening. Sooo maybe Roku needs a glitch fixed?

Has anyone found a solution or just dealing with it? 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NomadVagabond,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

1. What kind of issue are you experiencing
  2. Can you tell me more about how your playback issue started?
  3. Did you make any changes to your connection recently?
  4. Are you being prompted with an error message?
  5. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  6. Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help resolve the playback issue? How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Dllevine1978
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Westinghouse Roku TV that is less than 4 months old.

All of the apps and the system is up to date as of the time of this message.

I have gigabit Ethernet connected so it's not a bandwidth issue

Multiple apps will load and allow you to browse and select something to watch only to have the app boot you back to the home screen after approximately 30 seconds.

I have tried removing the app powering down the TV and reinstalling it but it persists.

As of the time of this message I have replicated the issue on Netflix and Prime and Disney