Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobb7t

Just brought Roku Express 4K in Greece, but Disney+ got a grey button when i try to add it :/

Jump to solution

Greetings! It seems like i can't use Disney+ on my Roku device? Neither Amazon Video is available? Is this because i didn't used any payment option on my Roku account yet? Or there are limitations? Because this device is promoting all those well known channels but DOESN'T mention any limitations and restrictions, like it is a total misleading if they are true

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Just brought Roku Express 4K in Greece, but Disney+ got a grey button when i try to add it :/

Jump to solution

Hey @Zhoucky

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that Bulgaria is not an officially supported region for Roku, so you cannot add Disney Plus and Prime Video.

Any Roku Player or TV can be activated to any Roku account, however, channel availability/access will vary from region to region. Channels that are currently available in any given region are certified for the Roku devices sold in that region.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about which Roku devices they support their channel (app) on in your current region.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Just brought Roku Express 4K in Greece, but Disney+ got a grey button when i try to add it :/

Jump to solution

Hello @Hobb7t

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Channel availability on the Roku platform is determined by each channel provider themselves. Channels are only available in the locations where they choose to publish their channel (app). We don't currently market or sell devices directly in your region, so many channels/services may not currently be available. However, others such as YouTube and Netflix work in many locations.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. We appreciate your contact, and we are always looking to expand our presence.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Hobb7t

Jump to solution

If this is the case, Disney+ doesn't list Roku as a supported device at all, why Roku still advertise Disney+ everywhere? From boxes to blogs, sites etc. Doesn't look misleading to you too? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku themselves only advertise where they support their devices. In Europe, That's only three countries: France, UK and Germany. Not really advertising "everywhere". If you're seeing advertising in your country, it's not being directed there by Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Zhoucky
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The same in Bulgaria. Disney, Prime… nothing. Only ridiculous channels with nonsense content or others with mainly adds content. This device was the worst purchase I made for years, pure waste of money

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Zhoucky

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that Bulgaria is not an officially supported region for Roku, so you cannot add Disney Plus and Prime Video.

Any Roku Player or TV can be activated to any Roku account, however, channel availability/access will vary from region to region. Channels that are currently available in any given region are certified for the Roku devices sold in that region.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about which Roku devices they support their channel (app) on in your current region.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos