Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Issues with Spotify on Roku TV

Is there any update? Seems like there has been no contact for months - I love roku and would love to use spotify…

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @spottaken354

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you are experiencing issues with Spotify on your Roku TV, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check to make sure that your Roku TV is connected to the internet. You can check this by going to the settings on your Roku TV and selecting "Network".
  • Check to see if there are any updates available for your Roku TV. You can check for updates by going to the settings on your Roku TV and selecting "System", then "System update".
  • Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app on your Roku TV.
  • Check to make sure that your Spotify account is in good standing and that your subscription is up to date.
  • Try using Spotify on a different device, such as a phone or computer, to see if the issue is with the Roku TV or with Spotify itself.
  • If none of these steps resolve the issue, you can contact Spotify customer support for further assistance.

It's also worth noting that some older Roku TV models may not be compatible with certain apps, including Spotify. If your Roku TV is an older model, it's possible that it may not be able to run the Spotify app.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

Hi Lianna, 

Ive tried everything you listed in more - the channel itself won’t install (ghost installs)

Its the exact issue that Penny is having, which is an application fault, not user error or the roku 

0 Kudos
Granny64
Binge Watcher

• ' Check to make sure that your Roku TV is connected to the internet. You can check this by going to the settings on your Roku TV and selecting "Network". '

check - it is connected to the internet

• ' Check to see if there are any updates available for your Roku TV. You can check for updates by going to the settings on your Roku TV and selecting "System", then "System update". '

check - it was updated 3 days ago

• ' Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app on your Roku TV. '

check - it has been recently uninstalled/ reinstalled

• ' Check to make sure that your Spotify account is in good standing and that your subscription is up to date. '

my account is, as it has been, a free account - i live on SSI, and the rent and groceries is getting more than i can afford... 😞

• ' Try using Spotify on a different device, such as a phone or computer, to see if the issue is with the Roku TV or with Spotify itself. '

i regularly use Spotify on the 'puter... my phone is an old one, and cannot do 'apps'... 

the Roku has multiple issues with the channels, but Spotify doesn't even load - it kicks me back to the Roku homepage... 

• If none of these steps resolve the issue, you can contact Spotify customer support for further assistance.

false - i have contacted many, many customer support personnel, and here is the only place i have gotten some semblance of an answer - which is not a thing 😞

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @spottaken354

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Spotify channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Spotify Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
PixiePenny
Streaming Star

no longer need assistance

Deleted

0 Kudos
Granny64
Binge Watcher

thank you, Roku!!! i was going through my Roku on my lil tv, when i discovered another update had been made... (a change of scenery is enough, lol)

when i clicked on Spotify, i watched with expectancy of nothing as "Spotify" came onscreen, followed by the no-longer-dismaying view of the black screen... what DID get my attention was well before the 3-min time limit that Spotify appeared the second time!!! 

and that was followed by the home screen for Spotify!!!

i have just enjoyed my second day of listening to my fave podcasts lying down in my bed rather than hunched over my 'puter!!! 

yay!!!

0 Kudos