Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiamiVicefan
Channel Surfer

Is the Miami Vice TV series no longer available on Roku?

Jump to solution

I was on vacation for two weeks and came home to find I can no longer get Miami Vice episodes on my smart TV through the Roku app. 
Previously, I could call it up and get season and episode listings. I made it to season 5. 
is this tv show no longer an option on Roku - and if not, who can I appeal to to bring  out back??? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is the Miami Vice TV series no longer available on Roku?

Jump to solution

@MiamiVicefan 

The content on the various channels/app come and go and are licensed for a certain duration.

Currently available on AppleTV and Prime Video ($ per episode).

These shows do return, but sometimes takes months to return, unfortunately.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MiamiVicefan 

The content on the various channels/app come and go and are licensed for a certain duration.

Currently available on AppleTV and Prime Video ($ per episode).

These shows do return, but sometimes takes months to return, unfortunately.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jump to solution

Yea, I was on my second season when Miami Vice disappeard. Bummer. It brought back some great memories on clothes and excellent old tunes.

MiamiVicefan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m so bummed about this! Is there anyone or place to lobby for Roku to bring it back someday? 

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@MiamiVicefan  We may never know.  As was previously stated by @AvsGunnar, it takes months for TV shows to return to certain channels.  So the series will probably return in a few months or so.  I do remember when the series aired in syndication on Cozi TV, can’t clarify if Cozi still airs it or not, though.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X