Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peternb
Reel Rookie

Is Vimeo supported on Roku streaming devices?

Jump to solution

Within the last few month, the Vimeo app on Roku has stopped working. I try to sign in to link my account, but the code that the Roku app generates is not correct when I type it in to the Vimeo website. I'm told to "contact the app developer". 

I have already tried deleting the app, restarting my system, then loading the app again. I still get the same issue. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewKG

Re: Is Vimeo supported on Roku streaming devices?

Jump to solution
12 REPLIES 12
SDr

Re: Vimeo App Not Working

Jump to solution

Code does not work says to contact the app developer. Please advise

0 Kudos
shepdave

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I just downloaded the Vimeo app to the Roku, logged in to Vimeo on my phone, and entered the activation code from the Roku screen. I got a message saying “Oops! Something went wrong. Contact the developer.”  I’ve deleted and reinstalled the Vimeo app. 

I just successfully activated Vimeo on an Apple TV in another room, so I know nothing is wrong with my account. This is obviously a Roku problem. Please help. 

AndrewKG

Jump to solution

Same problem here.

0 Kudos
AndrewKG

Re: Is Vimeo supported on Roku streaming devices?

Jump to solution

I just found this

https://vimeo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007416167-Supported-TV-app-platforms

Roku no longer supported  😞

peternb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just coming across your reply now, thank you for linking. Disappointing, but at least we know. 

0 Kudos
Some

Jump to solution

So...if I'm understanding...if the ROKU device is all I have for streaming to my older (2016-17) TV, I can't watch the new Vimeo on Demand (VoD) movie that I just purchased on my TV?  Is that true for all Roku - or just older ones (I have a 3700x).  Thank you for your time in posting.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Some

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Vimeo support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Vimeo support here: https://vimeo.com/help/contact

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TazmanRocks
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So what you're saying is that the Vimeo app is totally useless on my new Roku TV?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@TazmanRocks

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos