Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beardoof

Innovative language no longer available

Innovative languages, innovative Japanese and innovative Arabic channels don’t work anymore. When I try to open the Chanel, it shows « innovative language » is no longer available. And I do have a subscription. I already contacted innovative language about this issue and they told me to contact roku support. Do someone know what is going on?

9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Innovative language no longer available

I'm guessing here, but that "no longer available" message occurs when your Roku device updates to software version 11.5 and a channel/app hasn't been updated to work with that version. Judging by the screenshots in the Channel Store that's almost certainly what happened since the components used in those screenshots are no longer available in v11.5. You can check if and when your Roku likely updated to 11.5 by going to Settings->System->System update and checking the "Software version" and "Last updated" date.

I have to say them telling you to contact Roku support is really passing the buck in the worst possible way since developers were notified years ago that this would happen. It should be completely removed from the Channel Store soon if it's not updated.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
TorianEC
Streaming Star

I am totally furious about this. In addition I have been being charged for this subscription. If I could I would roll back the software update.

I am totally furious about this. In addition I have been being charged for this subscription. If I could I would roll back the software update.

If Roku can't handle keeping their subscriptions updated and working with the companies then I'm going back to using my TV instead.

Really furious. How long is this been going on and I've been paying for it?

No way to contact Roku and get a refund.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TorianEC

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TorianEC
Streaming Star

I have been on the phone with Roku and innovative language all day. I have no problem with my account. Others have stated that this is due to the software update to 11.5 and I agree. If you're not a technical support person don't make comments. If you had read what other people have written you see this has nothing to do with my subscription or account. It has to do with Roku who excepts no responsibility for working with their channel providers. I am totally disgusted. But thank you for trying.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
TorianEC
Streaming Star

Jan 30, 2023 update for anyone who is having trouble with any of Roku's Innovative Language channels...

I have finally received an email from innovative language certainly not Roku who never handles things properly.

They advised me that their team is making a decision regarding continuation on Roku so we should know some point in the future. I will post a response as soon as I get further information from innovative language.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TorianEC

Thanks for the post.

For more information about a channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TorianEC
Streaming Star

Regards and thanks, Danny. As Roku for a moderator I would think you might've read the earlier post that I made saying that I had already contacted them. They said they would advise what they've decided to do. Apparently your upgrade doesn't work with their software.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
TorianEC
Streaming Star

I have spoken with the people at innovative language extensively and they have advised me that they have decided for now not to be on Roku. They did not say why, but that's their response.

0 Kudos
MsCasey

TorienEC thank you for investigating the problem. Roku needs to remove the apps and stop charging people for apps that don’t work.