Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Racerx2014
Reel Rookie

Incorrect Movie "City Beneath The Sea (1971)" with Stuart Whitman

The Roku channel lists the movie "City Beneath The Sea" starring Stuart Whitman with the correct thumb nail icon, but the movie that plays is City Beneath The Sea from 1953 starring Robert Ryan.  I am actually looking for the 1971 movie starring Stuart Whitman.  Can you assist?

Thank you.

Rick

6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Incorrect Movie "City Beneath The Sea (1971)" with Stuart Whitman

@Racerx2014 

Unfortunately, the Search Results sometimes get confused when movies have the same titles.

I don't see the 1971 version playing anywhere for free currently.  Only the 1953 version appears to be streaming currently.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Racerx2014
Reel Rookie

That is funny that Roku offers the correct thumbnail for the 1971 City Beneath The Sea movie, but when selecting the thumbnail to play the movie, the 1953 movie with Robert Ryan starts playing.  The only other place that I have found a reference to this particular 1971 movie version is on Amazon Primetime and it always says the movie is unavailable.

I guess I will have to rely on my old VHS tape copy of the movie recorded off a regular TV channel and the image viewing of that VHS tape on my HD LED 65" TV is grainy at best.  Oh, well.

Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Racerx2014 

From what I gather, it was actually just a TV movie released by Warner Bros.  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipe5SarZufo and https://www.warnerbros.com/tv/city-beneath-sea-tv-movie)

Some of these can be very difficult to locate.  Your grainy VHS copy may be better than the ones you can buy if you can locate.

I will edit this posting for you if I come up with anything.  Sometimes have to resort to online streaming in some cases and just cast to your Roku or plug a laptop into TV via HDMI cable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Racerx2014

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update in this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DadAtHome4

It has been like this for a long time, I searched for this movie a year ago and go the same results.  Not just a search goof, each channel, including IMDB & Justwatch have listed the 1971 movie, description etc. Click Play and the 1953 movie starts. I am not a smart man, but seems like an easy fix, after more than a year.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DadAtHome4

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos