Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roy76
Binge Watcher

ITV Hub asking to update channel

Jump to solution

When launching ITV Hub I keep receiving a message to update to the latest channel, but I can’t find any info regarding this?

I’m running the law test software on the roku 4K and downloaded the itv hub from the channel store, so I’m a little confused.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LASS
Reel Rookie

Re: ITV Hub asking to update channel

Jump to solution

When I was having issues (largely the error you mention about 'Where's my program) with ITVHub on my Samsung TV I used to email them, their replies always blamed my TV, the software on my TV did not support the ITVHub.  I pointed them in the direction of Trust Pilot!  As of the 30th September ITV closed down the Hub on my model of TV hence the reason I have a Roku stick.  Once I added the ITVHub to the stick the first screen that loaded was 'Oppps Where's my Program' - I physically felt myself deflate 😰 There is also the issue with the adverts in a loop 🙄 I tried to watch the last 10/15 mins of an hour long program and was treated to at least 10 mins of adverts, eight times I saw the crochet advert for Confused.com, before I was able to watch a short burst of Emmerdale, then more adverts again, then the final 10 mins.  I have, very likely, made myself unpopular with the complaints I've emailed to ITVHub 😂 I'll see if I can bring myself to complain about this new issue.  😐  It has definitely got worse, I have no personalised settings on Roku, so no indication of programs I have already watched, if I resume a program from the Hub I have found that I have to sit through two cycles of adverts and then the program starts at the beginning 😡 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Roy76 

I can't do any testing on that, as there is no ITV Hub app showing in the USA channel store. So I'm assuming you're elsewhere.

As a general rule, you should be able to force a manual update of all software (OS and apps) via the menu system.

You can also highlight the app and press the Options button to update it alone.

Or, you could remove the app, reboot the Roku, and then reinstall the app.

Those steps are for standard Roku setups. I don't understand what you mean by "running the law test software" on your Roku device. I'm not sure which app that is.

Let's gather some more data. Which Roku device do you have? Model number and OS version are helpful.

Settings > System > About

That may clarify a few things.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Roy76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Lol sorry auto correct on the iPad… I mean I’m running the latest software in the roku and I’ve checked the channel is the latest too.  I’m in the UK.

roku 4K running 11.5.0 build 4225 CR

ItvHub app version 2.4 build 1.2

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Roy76

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Roy76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help, I have contacted the ITVHub team too and they wanted me to do a factory reset, even when all my other apps are working fine 🤔

0 Kudos
LASS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I too have the same message, I have reset the ITVHub from the Hub options (twice) and switched it off/on at the wall but still have the update message when I go back into it.   I have no doubt it is an ITV error, I had to buy a Roku stick because ITV would not support their Hub on my TV after 30th September.    ITVHub is dire, it has never worked completely on any device I have had, Trust Pilot will no doubt testify to this.   Forgot to mention, I have highlighted the app, pressed on the * star and updated the app that way also, still getting the message.

0 Kudos
Roy76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply about you’re issues.  ITVHub help on Twitter have said they will monitor the situation, but only when they receive more messages regarding this issue will they notify the tech team.  So if you message them on Twitter regarding the issue it will bump the issue up.

On another note, we do have other issues with the itvhub app as it keeps coming up with… where’s my program while watching after a while.  But I bet this will also be an internal issue with itv themselves too.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LASS,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.
In the meantime, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ciaranh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I get the same message also in UK - if I ignore it seems to load OK - although ITV Hub is **bleep** and I never watch it much anymore . But the World Cup is coming up and someone decided to award them half the games so they need to either fix it or roll out ITV X now. Please dont waste users time with resets etc - this is clearly an ITV Hub problem on Roku - does not occur on my LG TV app

0 Kudos
LASS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When I was having issues (largely the error you mention about 'Where's my program) with ITVHub on my Samsung TV I used to email them, their replies always blamed my TV, the software on my TV did not support the ITVHub.  I pointed them in the direction of Trust Pilot!  As of the 30th September ITV closed down the Hub on my model of TV hence the reason I have a Roku stick.  Once I added the ITVHub to the stick the first screen that loaded was 'Oppps Where's my Program' - I physically felt myself deflate 😰 There is also the issue with the adverts in a loop 🙄 I tried to watch the last 10/15 mins of an hour long program and was treated to at least 10 mins of adverts, eight times I saw the crochet advert for Confused.com, before I was able to watch a short burst of Emmerdale, then more adverts again, then the final 10 mins.  I have, very likely, made myself unpopular with the complaints I've emailed to ITVHub 😂 I'll see if I can bring myself to complain about this new issue.  😐  It has definitely got worse, I have no personalised settings on Roku, so no indication of programs I have already watched, if I resume a program from the Hub I have found that I have to sit through two cycles of adverts and then the program starts at the beginning 😡 

0 Kudos