Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Camera Viewer - Pro 5.3 with Foscam Not Working

Is this the latest version of this application?

Are there any other Fishcam users experiencing the same issue?

All information required in each field has been checked and double checked and is correct.

I have tried both wired and wirelessly.

The viewer does not work but it has in the past.

Who is the creator if this app so I can get in touch with.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: IP Camera Viewer - Pro 5.3 with Foscam Not Working

Greetings @itsahomestead 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your inquiring regarding the IP Camera Viewer channel.

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If you are still experiencing an issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DaBlues
Streaming Star

I have some of those cams also but never been able to get them to work with this app.
Were you ever able to get them to work and if so, might you share your config, screen shot maybe?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DaBlues,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this inquiry. Please try the troubleshooting steps that @RokuDanny-R provided above.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DaBlues
Streaming Star

I am not experiencing a problem with the installation of the app. I've had it installed for years. It simply never works with any of the cameras I try to use.

I was told by the author that I'm using low quality cameras so upgraded to $200+ Hikvision cameras and have well known Reolink, Amcrest and others but none work with this app.

The only camera I was ever able to get working was a device I built using openwrt and a usb cam.

I'd love to know where the author keeps documentation on how to configure various cameras.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DaBlues,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Have you tried contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help? The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. Since there is no problem with the installation of the app, in this case, an issue within that specific channel might need to be addressed with an update from them since it's not working with any cameras that you use.
Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DaBlues
Streaming Star

I thought this was the developers support group/forum.

Either way, I've posted many times in his support area and so have others and we're all basically told nothing helpful. I've got many cameras and only one IP camera works with this software.

The dev told me not to use 'cheap' cameras but I guess $200.00 cameras are still too cheap since they won't work.

I've never been able to use IP camera pro other than with one camera so I thought I'd ask others if they had any luck so please, don't hijack my post, just let the others respond.

0 Kudos