Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use my roku and TV as a music device with a black screen

All I get when I look up ways to make this happen is people complaining about it happening accidentally and looking for ways to fix it.

I do not have the space or outlets for multiple entertainment devices. I usually just have youtube playing music on my TV through the roku when I want music, but at night that's a LOT of light. Is there some way I can do this without being stuck with whatever "black screen" youtube videos I can find? There aren't many and they're all bad. I'm looking for maybe a setting I can change or a channel that lets you just play music or podcasts with a black screen, anything that works.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I want to use my roku and TV as a music device with a black screen

Some tvs give you the option of shutting off the video while continuing to play the video.  I have a low end JVC in the guest room with this option.

Without such an option, the only possibility I've come up with for this is to install and use a black screen saver on your Roku.  Here's a link to several of them: https://channelstore.roku.com/search/black+screen

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos