Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want Disney Plus but can't find it in menu

Jump to solution

There's no search bar or search channels button. I have already bought the Disney Plus subscription for a year. What can I do? Could you please help me with this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I want Disney Plus but can't find it in menu

Jump to solution

Hi @taniaeortegas,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please let us know your current location. Roku Search is available to a specific region and Disney+ is available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, and Peru. 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Where are you located?  Not all channels/apps are available on Roku in all regions even if that service is available on non-Roku devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @taniaeortegas,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please let us know your current location. Roku Search is available to a specific region and Disney+ is available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, and Peru. 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LiliFarca

HI, IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM! HOW DO YOU SOLVE IT?

Jump to solution

HI, THERE´S NO SEARCH BAR IN MY MENU, IM LOCATED IN MEXICOI CITY AND I HAVE OTRHE ROKU DEVICES AND I HAVE ALREADY DISNEY + IN MY OTHER DEVICES BUT I CANT FIND IT IN THE NEW ONE.

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: HI, IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM! HOW DO YOU SOLVE IT?

Jump to solution

@LiliFarca, are all your devices linked to the same Roku account?  Check the email address that's displayed on each device under Settings->System->About.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
hofanah
Channel Surfer

Channel access Inquiry | No search feature

Jump to solution

I also have same problem as no search bar.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @hofanah,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I understand that you are unable to access the Roku Search feature, is that correct? 

Please be noted the following information below:

• Roku Search is available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
  • Roku Search is available in Spanish in Mexico and the United States. 

Here's a link to our support page to find out more about the feature: How to find movies and TV shows using Roku® Search | Official Roku Support 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hofanah
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My main purpose buying Roku is for Disney plus, but I also can not find the Disney+ channel. In addition, I checked the about panel where has my registered e-mail address 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
hofanah
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The Disney plus had launched since Nov 21 in Hong Kong, I also make sure my registered e-mail address is HK.

So, it is surely NOT the issue there is no Disney plus in my region, but why I still can NOT find disney channel? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@hofanah 

You're overlooking the key point. It's not that the service isn't available in a region. It's that the service hasn't made the Roku app available in a region. The app exists. But Disney determines where it is available.

Roku lets app developers control where the Roku app works and doesn't work. If the Roku app isn't available there, it's because Disney made that decision, not Roku.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos