Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: I purchased Paramount+ to watch Yellowstone and now I can't. Why?

All I was saying before, is that while cable companies like profit at least as much as anyone else, a good portion of their costs is in the content.  So, if you get all the same content elsewhere, the price may not go down as much as you would wish.

Most of the content providers have traditionally viewed us as "the product" and have only had to worry about customer service and loyalty with regards to customers (advertisers.)  Now some of them are trying to work another model in which we are customers or part customer/part product, all while maintaining the traditional broadcast model too and it doesn't surprise me that they're still figuring that out.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

@Bentlerpride wrote:

Any suggestions on how to access the full season 4?

The Roku "Search" menu shows that you can purchase season 4 on Vudu or Prime for $1.99/episode. I followed the link from the search results to Vudu for more details. It's $1.99/episode for SD video, more for higher resolutions. There's also an an option to purchase the full season for $14.99. Again that's for SD with higher prices for higher resolutions. 

I will be cancelling before I am charged what a rip off.

0 Kudos

What a rip off.

0 Kudos
Bentlerpride
Channel Surfer

But you have to purchase either VUDU or Prime and pay on top of that as well.  I'll just wait until next year and watch it for free on another channel.  I don't have a cable provider and can't afford them so I use a ROKU TV where I get to watch most things for Free.

0 Kudos
Bfagan94
Binge Watcher

@Bentlerpride wrote:

But you have to purchase either VUDU or Prime and pay on top of that as well.  I'll just wait until next year and watch it for free on another channel.  I don't have a cable provider and can't afford them so I use a ROKU TV where I get to watch most things for Free.

Hello. I would just like to clarify that you do need not to pay a subscription fee to VUDU or Amazon Prime in order to buy movies and TV shows from there. It's like buying a DVD, pay for only the content you want. 

0 Kudos
Bentlerpride
Channel Surfer

Only works if you have a cable provider.

0 Kudos
Pieface

Re: I purchased Paramount Plus to watch Yellowstone and now I can't. Why?

It's all a bunch of bull**bleep**.

0 Kudos
Pieface

Very fine hair you're splitting there.  You buy 10 episodes for $3-4 dollars apiece, and you've got your subscription.

0 Kudos