Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartyFins
Binge Watcher

I have to manually add the Youtube TV channel every time I watch TV

I had YouTube TV as one of my channels on my old Roku. Since I got a new Roku Streaming Stick 4K, I have to manually add the channels every time I turn on the TV. It is annoying and time consuming to search for the channel, select add and get to it that way. I didn't have to do this before. I can still get on YouTube TV but have to go through the steps of search, add, load every time. Can someone advise me? Roku support has no support for this issue, I already tried them, even though they have support for my new device.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: I have to manually add the Youtube TV channel every time I watch TV

Hi @MartyFins

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Does the channel automatically being removed whenever you turn off your Roku stick? Also, does it only happen on YouTube TV or across other channels installed on your device? 

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MartyFins
Binge Watcher

It only happens with YouTube TV. I keep adding it and just last night found it on the very bottom of my channels. I am happy but wish I could move it to the top of the channel selections.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@MartyFins

Thanks for the reply.

Use the instructions below if you wish to move the channel to a new location on your Home screen.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Press OK or the right button on the directional pad to access your channel list. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote.
  3. Using the directional pad, highlight the channel tile you wish to move
  4. Press Star on your remote to open the Options menu
  5. Select Move channel
  6. Move the channel and press OK on your remote when you are satisfied with the new location

Note: When you move a channel tile, the change only applies to the Roku device you are using at the time. Changes do not sync to other Roku devices on your Roku account.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos