Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tr2
Reel Rookie

I have to keep signing in to my cable provider channel

Jump to solution

I need help please. I have to keep signing in to the channels from my cable provider. Why is this? What can be done about this? My boyfriend is unable to unlock the channels when I’m not home. This is a pain in the ass. We get so frustrated about this. There’s got to be something someone can do about this. Is everyone having the same issue. I’m unable to call anyone to speak to someone one. That’s bull **bleep** also. That make this company look bad in my book. Can anyone help me on this issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: I have to keep signing in to my cable provider channel

Jump to solution

@Tr2

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that some channels may require you to re-authenicate the channel to ensure that you are a authorized user of that channel.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Tr2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I called my provider Dish. They told me that the roku is a third party and they have nothing to do with the channels that roku does not offer free. The channels that have to pay for I use my dish network account to watch these channels free. I have to keep signing in everyday to watch these channels. I have no way of contacting roku in no other way but the community. There is no phone number. It does not offer any options on help related links. I can’t even seed them an email or question. How can I talk to someone. Does anyone know.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tr2

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that some channels may require you to re-authenicate the channel to ensure that you are a authorized user of that channel.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Some-Guy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have both Roku and AppleTV. Apple seems to have solved this problem by maintaining provider info within to OS. Whereas I have to keep signing into apps on my Roku, I do not on my AppleTV.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Some-Guy How often do you have to sign back in with your provider.  I have several apps that require a provider login and I have never had to sign back in on any app except ESPN.  Signing in on ESPN app is pointless because I can access ESPN programs from my provider.  I never have a problem with my ESPN+ which is not linked to a provider signing me out.

0 Kudos
Some-Guy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

At least weekly for the apps that are bound to Spectrum (my cable provider) for apps like abc, cbs, nbc, fox, and espn(not plus) .

Disney+ and HBO do not require it.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Some-Guy I have YouTube TV as my provider so I don't know about Spectrum but once a week seems far too often to me.  Maybe @RokuDanny-R can provide some help.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Some-Guy

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please refer to the suggestion posted by @RokuDanny-R above. The channel provider is the best one to help you with this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SHANNALU
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree!!  This is infuriating.   Paramount,  NBC, CBS....  I have DirecTV, but (in the past) preferred the Roku UI to access my top DirecTV channels.  I'm finding less interest in keeping Roku (which I have 4 Roku devices in different rooms)

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SHANNALU

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that some channels may require you to re-authenticate to ensure that you have the appropriate credentials.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos