Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Egui
Binge Watcher

I bought a Roku Premiere and I can't find the Amazon Prime Video channel.

Hello everyone,

I bought a Roku Premiere from the United States and I live in another country “Paraguay”, here I was able to download many important channels such as Netflix, Youtube, etc., but I cannot find the Amazon Prime Video channel. This is very annoying because in my country other devices from other brands such as Fire TV Stick and Smart TVs, the Amazon Prime Video channel works perfectly, for this reason they cannot say that the Amazon Prime Video provider did not enable their channel for my country if on other devices it works perfectly.  Only on my Roku the channel does not appear, so we can understand that the Roku device is the problem.  Why do other devices have the Amazon Prime Video channel but the Roku doesn't?  What can I do to get the channel?  Roku doesn't even have an email address to write to the developers for this issue, so they fix it quickly.  And I repeat, the Amazon Prime Video provider has had its channel available for years in my country, the problem is not with the channel provider, the problem is with Roku.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I bought a Roku Premiere and I can't find the Amazon Prime Video channel.

Hi @Egui,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We do not have a dedicated Roku presence in Paraguay at this time, so it is very likely the channel is not currently available on the Roku platform.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Egui
Binge Watcher

Hi,

Are you telling me that the Amazon Prime Video provider DOES NOT AUTHORIZE Roku to use their channel in this country?

I remind you that the Amazon Prime Video channel works perfectly on other streaming equipment and Smart TVs where I live.

Why does the Roku company not manage the permission so that I can also use the channel in my country?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Egui
Binge Watcher

Hi,

I wrote to an online advisor from the Amazon Prime Video channel. This advisor says that the channel is enabled for my country and that the problem is with the Roku company, which does not enable the use of the Amazon Prime Video channel.

Please, I want this message to reach the corresponding managers so that they can negotiate a prompt solution with their developers.

I also post a screenshot of the Amazon Prime Video online help.

Thank you!Roku.jpg

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Egui wrote:

Hi,

Are you telling me that the Amazon Prime Video provider DOES NOT AUTHORIZE Roku to use their channel in this country?

Yes, that is it in a nutshell. Amazon has to authorize their channel's availability within the Roku channel store. Roku is not permitted to provide the channel anywhere the provider (Amazon) does not allow. It's immaterial if Prime Video is available on other devices. They have to specifically permit it for Roku devices.

If Amazon is telling you something different, they are not being accurate. I'm not saying they're lying. Most likely whoever is responding to your query simply doesn't know how it works. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos