Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mktr
Reel Rookie

Hulu service not working on my roku

I cannot get hulu to work through my roku device tonight. First time this has happened in 3 months. The message says - NETWORK ERROR. It says to check network connection which i have. I have rebooted the router several times. My Netflix and espn apps are working fine. HULU JUST NOT RESPONDING. Is there anyone at roku i can speak with ? If so what is a good number ?  Thx

9 REPLIES 9
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Hulu service not working on my roku

Roku doesn’t develop the Hulu channel. Hulu does. So if the Hulu channel is not working your best bet is to contact them. As of right now Hulu is showing outages across the country. See the link here. The fact that you’re not having issues with other channels proves it’s a Hulu issue

https://downdetector.com/status/hulu/

0 Kudos
LisaL2u

Me too. It stopped working about an hour ago. Hulu still works on my phone. Uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted. Nothing is working. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@LisaL2u  It’s not a Roku issue as indicated by Downdetector. Also Roku has no control on how the Hulu channel works 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Hulu has some issues at the moment, and it's impacting multiple platforms. I'm unable to access on Roku, Fire TV, or Android TV devices. Once Hulu gets their issues fixed, things will start working again.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Mktr I just tried to open Hulu on my Roku, Chromecast with Google TV, and Apple TV device.  None are working.  I would guess that Hulu is having a problem.  Roku and Chromecast with Google TV gave the same response about network error.  Apple TV device opened the app but nothing will play.

Geektv
Channel Surfer

hulu streams fine on my ipad just not on ROKU.    

also having serious connectivity issues with roku since automated update which was applied on april 19th.    had to hard reset stick and reenter credentials to connect to internet.  

how do you remove an update and also turn off automatic updates!!?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Geektv  It’s not a Roku issue. There is no way to turn off automatic updates. Please see this link. Notice the red high spike 

https://downdetector.com/status/hulu/

0 Kudos
Geektv
Channel Surfer

Hulu not working is one problem we experienced on Roku and failure to connect to wi-fi is the other.   only our  roku sticks that have been working for years stopped connecting to wifi after the update - no other device or computer has issues.    Did I mention Hulu streamed fine on an iPad? Lol…

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@jed2  Your going from post to post to post. Bashing Roku. When Downdetector shows issues that is NOT a Roku issue 

0 Kudos