Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RVO
Channel Surfer

Hulu not working on Roku

Why is there no progress on this problem? It has been occurring for years now.

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Hulu not working on Roku

Hi @RVO

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing. Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on this specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Do you receive an error code or message? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Keep us posted and we will follow up with you as soon as possible.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RVO
Channel Surfer

I’m using the Roku Uktra Model 4800X. Software version 1!.5 build 43!2-C2.  The app starts ok and I can log in.  Does not matter what program I select it will start then black screen that says Hulu Error code P-DEV320.  I have a screen print which I’ve sent to you in an email. I can use my iPad or iPhone with Hulu, no problem. Can even play when I start on my iPad and use screen mirroring to the same TV, no problem. I just can’t start Hulu on the TV with the Roku app,

I’ve deleted the app, did a system restart from the main menu and then reinstall that does nothing. Am at my wits end with this!!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@RVO

Thanks for following up. 

We can see that removing the channel did not resolve the issue you are seeing. If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting to troubleshoot the channel, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. 

You can reach them here: Hulu Support

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RVO
Channel Surfer

There is no solution on Hulu.  This problem has existed for years and it just gets passed back and forth between Roku and Hulu.  Well for me, I’m off to Firestick.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@RVO

We're sorry to hear about your experience. 

We would love to look into this further but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with:  

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

did a google search this came up, worth a try:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-hulu-error-code-p-dev320-4842573

0 Kudos
RVO
Channel Surfer

Tried all solutions but still have the problem.

0 Kudos
RVO
Channel Surfer

Sent you this info via email

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@RVO

Thanks for the update. 

I've checked and have not received your PM. Could you try again to submit the information?

We'll keep an eye on your message.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos