Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mackdo1123
Reel Rookie

Hulu and Disney Plus both not working

I’ve been trying for a couple days now to get into my Hulu and Disney Plus channels. Neither are working. Hulu goes to sign in screen, I sign in and it crashes as it loads up. Disney plus sits on title screen and tells me I’m not connected to the internet. I’ve hit the * and pressed home 5 times and back 5 times. Issue ID is 7H-089-188. I have never had problems before. All other channels work. I have updated my system and my channels are up to date. If I delete either of the channels I cannot find them in search after deleting them. I have factory reset my Hisense roku TV and still can’t get it fixed. I read another related post that another user is using a hot spot for internet connection to the roku tv and have the same problem. Is there any connection to that? And why is it happening now. It’d be nice to use my subscriptions. Both Hulu and Disney work perfectly fine on my iphone and Xbox. What’s the deal

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Hulu and Disney Plus both not working

I have a TCL Roku TV. I have both Disney+ and Hulu. Both work totally fine. And it’s very easy to find in the channel store. Are you using a mobile hotspot? If so you cannot. Do you have high speed internet?

5517808D-16D6-49B2-A6D7-F821FF670091.jpeg

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

A8557C6B-4DA8-4960-AA41-5C96DC4A7BCC.jpeg

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Mackdo1123 

The symptoms you're describing would make sense if you were outside of a Roku-supported region.

Where are you?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Mackdo1123
Reel Rookie

Sounds like they don’t support the u.s. because that’s an on going issue with my channels still. No VPN and it still refuses to let me in. This is a brand new hisense roku tv from Costco just last year. Still no word form roku support. I’m not the only one being shut out from channels like other roku tv users. Sounds like $200-$300 less for a cheaper brand tv is making sense now. 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

So you live in the United States? And you can’t watch Disney+ or Hulu? Very hard to believe. No one is being shut out of channels. Where on earth did you get that from? Roku’s removed private channels which means they’re channels that are on certified Disney an Hulu isn’t one of them. Honestly not sure what you speak of because millions of Roku users are watching Disney+ and Hulu successfully Including myself

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Mackdo1123 

That additional information is helpful. As I said before, what you're describing sounds as if you're outside a supported region for those apps/services. But you're in the USA, so something is causing it to behave that way.

You mentioned the TV was $200-300 less than other similar TVs. That seems like a larger than normal discount in price. Was it an open box sale? Where I'm going ties back. Might someone else have set it up in a different region (VPN to another country) and returned it, and that Costco re-boxed it and sold it?

Failing that, you'll need the Roku tech support team to help with this. @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , or @RokuMary-F could help. They'll probably ask for serial number information and other information.

One other thing to rule out. Go to Settings > System > About and ensure that the email address showing there is the same one on your other Roku devices. Apart from that, I'd probably exchange it. But if you want to give it another shot, see what the Roku mods can do to help.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Mack was the TV already setup when you turned it on? Or did you have to go into your Roku account and set everything up? Did you try a factory reset?

0 Kudos
pearlharbr

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem on my TCL Roku TV.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@pearlharbr

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos