Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aliajasmin
Reel Rookie

Hulu Login Problem Through Activation on Computer and Manual Entry on Device

Jump to solution

Today I tried to log into the Hulu app on my 4210X - Roku 2 and a screen pops up that says "Tons of Shows and Movies + Live TV" and it gives you the option to start your free trial or log in. When I select log in it gives you the option to activate on a computer or log in on this device. First I selected activate on a computer, but under Step 2: Enter activation code when prompted, there is no activation code, it just says Something went wrong. Try again later. So then I tried to log in on the device and it says "we don't recognize your email and/or password. Please try again." I have verified the email and password I am entering is correct. I was able to log into my Hulu account from my computer no problem. It seems like it may be looking for a Hulu Live TV login which I don't have, I only have a regular account. I was literally watching Hulu last night with no problem. I have tried doing a system update, a system restart, a Hulu app update, removing the Hulu app and reinstalling it, but nothing is working. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aliajasmin
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu Login Problem Through Activation on Computer and Manual Entry on Device

Jump to solution

Hulu advised they would be tracking my issue to try and resolve it at a higher level, and the next day the activation code appeared and I was able to log in no problem. Not sure what the actual problem was. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
dlgreg

Re: Hulu Login Problem Through Activation on Computer and Manual Entry on Device

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with Hulu (and MLB TV). Entered valid user name and password and they were not accepted. Also had slow channel loading of both.

Spent several days trying to fix. FINALLY I discovered what was causing my problem. Had to do with adding Cloudware VPN. I removed it but it added 2 DNS servers to my LAN. After I removed them (DNS servers 1.1.1.2 and 1.0.0.1) from my Asus Router LAN settings both Hulu & MLB TV worked; both accepted my login.

Not sure this will help you but hope it does. Just spent a frustrating 2-3 days trying to fix this.

dlgreg

aliajasmin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hulu advised they would be tracking my issue to try and resolve it at a higher level, and the next day the activation code appeared and I was able to log in no problem. Not sure what the actual problem was. 

0 Kudos