Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

How to stream the Super Bowl for free on Roku devices (2023)

The Super Bowl will be available free on the FOX Sports app, including Rihanna’s halftime show and all of the must-see commercials!

How to stream the Super Bowl for free on Roku devices (2023)

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
17 REPLIES 17
jaypippet
Binge Watcher

ROKU email offered FREE Superbowl on Fox

I received an email from ROKU stating I could " Stream the Big Game free via the FOX Sports app on Sunday, February 12 to find out."
I clicked through and the screen tells me the Fox app is installed but I can't get anything to work on it.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU email offered FREE Superbowl on Fox

Try it when the game is actually being broadcast.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
jaypippet
Binge Watcher

So, I have to wait and see? I invited a couple friends over to watch based on this "offer."
Does the Fox App only work for the game and stop working all other times.
I don't understand why it would suddenly start streaming at kickoff.
I think I'm being hosed but apparently I have to wait and see if I get burned.
Thank you for your reply anyway...

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@jaypippet 

Try using the Fox Sports channel/app from the Roku Channel Store.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/dcd371500daff214916625cac813f5e8/fox-sports

----

Coverage is working for me and Roku also posted this morning.  There should be a Watch Live section front and center on your screen when you launch it.  Bunch of pre-game coverage has been working all morning.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-discussions/How-to-stream-the-Super-Bowl-for-free-on-Roku-de...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

@jaypippet 

I have been able to stream pregame on the Fox Sports app all afternoon.

0 Kudos
jaypippet
Binge Watcher

Thank you, but every time I get to the Fox Sports app it tells me it's installed. I'm going to click on your second link and give it a try. Also, my neighbor's grandson is coming over to see if he can show me what I'm doing wrong. Thank you, enjoy the game

0 Kudos
jaypippet
Binge Watcher

Thank you. I have some help now, I'm sure youth will prevail over my tired old eyes. I know I'm doing something wrong based on all the answers I've received so far. Thanks again, be well

0 Kudos
jaypippet
Binge Watcher

Re: How to stream the Super Bowl for free on Roku devices (2023)

Still no superbowl, all I can see is some news stories about the balloons from china. When I follow the links on how to watch I'm sent to the Fox Sports App, when I get there, it tells me it's already installed. I have seen NO INSTRUCTIONS that actually get me to the game. This is very frustrating as I have people here whom I invited to watch the game.

Still.

NO.

Game.

0 Kudos
jaypippet
Binge Watcher

Unable to watch Super Bowl

I have been trying to find the Super Bowl for HOURS NOW! You sent me an email saying I could watch it for free on roku but I CANNOT. I have a ROKU TV and several computers, but CANNOT SEE THE GAME!!! I invited people over to watch but they've all LEFT NNOW BECAUSE THE GAME IS UNAVAILABLE!!!!!

Every time I click through your stupid "How to watch the super bowl on roku" link it tells me I ALREADY HAVE THE APP INSTALLED, but what good does it do me if I CAN'T SEE THE **bleep** GAME?

Thanks for NOTHING!!!! You SUCK roku!!!!!

0 Kudos