Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjedrick
Streaming Star

How to report suggestions or problems to roku channel website developers

Jump to solution

The roku channel website needs an option to remove something from continue watching, similar to what Netflix has with 'Remove from my list'. At present if I start watching a movie and don't like it, the only way to get it off continue watching is to let it run until the end, then it disappears. I assume the only way to get rid of a series would be to go to the last episode and let that run all the way through. How do I make suggestions like this to whomever designs the roku channel website?
Also, I have problems with freezing where at the end of a commercial string, audio switches back but video doesn't. Have to close, watch from start, and then fast forward to the point where it froze. Channel sometimes has buffering problems - but these problems happen ONLY on the Roku channel, other channels work fine.
Some say to delete and relinstall the channel, but can I do that with the Roku channel since it is the base for all the others - and won't I lose everything currently in my continue watching list?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to report suggestions or problems to roku channel website developers

Jump to solution

@bjedrick wrote:

The roku channel website needs an option to remove something from continue watching, similar to what Netflix has with 'Remove from my list'. At present if I start watching a movie and don't like it, the only way to get it off continue watching is to let it run until the end, then it disappears. I assume the only way to get rid of a series would be to go to the last episode and let that run all the way through. How do I make suggestions like this to whomever designs the roku channel website?

I'm able to highlight the content under Continue Watching, hit the Options button, and select Remove from Continue Watching. You should be able to do that as well.

@bjedrick wrote:

Also, I have problems with freezing where at the end of a commercial string, audio switches back but video doesn't. Have to close, watch from start, and then fast forward to the point where it froze. Channel sometimes has buffering problems - but these problems happen ONLY on the Roku channel, other channels work fine.

Most of the content on Roku Channel is actually fed from non-Roku servers, particularly FilmRise. You could try watching the same content on the FilmRise app (or whatever service splash page shows on launch) and see if it's the ads from FilmRise that are causing the issue. If so, Roku can't fix that. But, if the ads play fine and content resumes on the actual service, then yes, it's probably a Roku issue.

@bjedrick wrote:

Some say to delete and relinstall the channel, but can I do that with the Roku channel since it is the base for all the others - and won't I lose everything currently in my continue watching list?

It's just an app. Treat it as you would any other. The settings are tied to your Roku account, not the app on one particular device, same as the other apps.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@bjedrick wrote:

I'm able to highlight the content under Continue Watching, hit the Options button, and select Remove from Continue Watching. You should be able to do that as well.

@bjedrick wrote:

Most of the content on Roku Channel is actually fed from non-Roku servers, particularly FilmRise. You could try watching the same content on the FilmRise app (or whatever service splash page shows on launch) and see if it's the ads from FilmRise that are causing the issue. If so, Roku can't fix that. But, if the ads play fine and content resumes on the actual service, then yes, it's probably a Roku issue.

@bjedrick wrote:

It's just an app. Treat it as you would any other. The settings are tied to your Roku account, not the app on one particular device, same as the other apps.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
sam22

Jump to solution

I have been trying for weeks to get rid of a series from the ROKU "continue watching" list.  I've tried EVERYTHING including watching the last episode of the series. Right now, I'm running thru the entire 3yr series by simply leaving the tv on while out of the room to see if that works.  It's so frustrating I feel like cancelling ROKU. 

0 Kudos
bjedrick
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

For the Roku channel itself, go to your Continue watching list and scroll to the one you want to delete.  Then press the * button on your remote, and click on Remove from Continue Watching on the popup.

For the FreeVee channel, however, once something gets on Watch Now, there is no way to get rid of it.  I have complained to both Amazon/freevee about this, since I am not sure who is responsible for the app, but complaints have been ignored.

0 Kudos