Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jadamsxx

How to remove / delete shows from Britbox 'continue watching' list?

Jump to solution

In Britbox I watched a complete series, but it still appears under "Continue Watching" . How do I delete or eliminate completely the "Continue Watching" list in Britbox?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How do I remove shows from my Britbox 'continue watching' list?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us regarding your question.

If you're having trouble removing things in the "Continue Watching" section of the Britbox channel, we'd recommend contacting the channel provider's support for more help. 

You can reach BritBox support here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
47 REPLIES 47
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How do I remove shows from my Britbox 'continue watching' list?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us regarding your question.

If you're having trouble removing things in the "Continue Watching" section of the Britbox channel, we'd recommend contacting the channel provider's support for more help. 

You can reach BritBox support here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Trina611
Binge Watcher

Re: Britbox

Jump to solution
Did you find a solution to this? It is driving me bonkers. Thanks

Jump to solution

Roku does not support removing shows from continue watching, but I have found a workaround.  Exit out of Britbox on your Roku player.  On your COMPUTER, go to the very last episode of the show you want to remove.  Fast forward to almost the very end, then let the show play at normal speed until it completely finishes.  The go back to the Britbox home screen, again on the COMPUTER and remove the show from continue watching.  When I did this and then launched Britbox from the Roku player, the shows I wanted gone from continue watching were gone.

nyc99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found a very similar way but I did it through Roku.
go to last episode of the series & fast forward till it ends. 
you will now have a screen that shows the title of the series and underneath that you can click on 2 buttons back or replay. (FYI at the  bottom of the page is the"you might also like" list)
I clicked on back & then when I went to home page or watchlist the show was no longer listed.

Sometimes it worked if I went from the continue watching list but sometimes I had to go the main show page and go to the last episode from there. (have no idea why..lol)

2120SoMichigan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just horrible solutions to the 'continue watching' issue - BritBox, ITV and developers - complete amateur hour

Trina611
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes it is still pissing me off.  It make me not even want to watch anything.  I have "continue watching shows" from early 2019... ugh

@2120SoMichigan wrote:

Just horrible solutions to the 'continue watching' issue - BritBox, ITV and developers - complete amateur hour

Trina611
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still no solution to "continue watching"  when I tried fast forward it to end it still go to next episode.  It is driving me crazy.

0 Kudos
Beau606

Jump to solution

Go to BritBox.com website on your computer. Navigate to continue watching section. Each episode thumbnail will have a black “X” in upper right corner. Click “X”, it will turn red and remove the episode from your list. Took me Less than 1 minute to delete over 30 partially watched episodes. 

elisny
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Beau606- That doesn't remove anything from the Roku.   Did you even look?

What is clear is that the Britbox developers are not interested in improving the UX within Roku.  Ugh.