Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Watch history * doesn't work to remove shows anymore

Jump to solution

Hey @Anotheryou

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you trying to remove movies from Amazon Prime Video's watch history? Have you tried any troubleshooting? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Anotheryou
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding. 

I'm trying to remove movies from the "continue watching" section.  The app used to have the option to hide title but that doesn't seem to be available anymore.

It's putting movies that I only watch the trailer for into my continue watching section and that's pretty annoying when I have decided I don't want to watch the movie after seeing the trailer. 

I have tried every troubleshooting on the internet that I could find but am having no luck. It would appear they removed that option with the new app update that came out last month. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Anotheryou

Thanks for the reply. 

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling them helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Hugo48

Re: Watch history - the so-called solution does not work.

Jump to solution

Any resolution to this? 

How to remove suggestions listed under "because you watched"

Removing something from continue watching is a different question.  Unless starting to watch it over again and then removing it from continue watching will also remove it from "because you watched".

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Watch history - the so-called solution does not work.

Jump to solution

@Hugo48 

No, there is currently no method to remove suggestions under "Because You Watched" on the Roku Channel.  

Because this is tied to the Roku account, even a factory Reset has reportedly been tried by users and is unsuccesful.

Only method would be to Factory Reset and start a new Roku account (email address), if the above is true.  

Eventually, I would presume Roku will add a feature to Reset/Clear Watch History. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos