Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dexer1
Reel Rookie

How to get other subscriptions add to Roku

I wonder how to get other subscriptions on Roku. Instead of looking online, I rather to look at them from my Roku.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: How to get other subscriptions add to Roku

Such as Netflix? Hulu? Prime? You can go into the channel store and add whatever you like. Some are free and some are paid. If it’s a paid subscription such as Netflix then you’re better off signing up on Netflix website. Then adding the Netflix channel to your Roku. Can you provide more details please

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Not quite clear what you mean. If you currently have subscriptions to various services, you just need to install the channels and run them to log into them.

I would STRONGLY recommend NEVER subscribing through Roku. Often, doing that will restrict your subscription to just Roku devices. You won't be able to use it on your phone, computer, or another streaming device. Also, if there are billing issues, you often get a run-around as they blame each other. Plus, Roku probably gets a cut of the subscription fee, whereas 100% will go to the service if you pay them directly.

cwcheese
Roku Guru

agree with Andy, don't subscribe through Roku if you don't have to. several years ago, my wife found a crafts site that had set up a Roku channel for their videos, so she went ahead and clicked through and purchased a subscription via Roku pay. After a year and a half, the craft site went belly up; unwinding the subscription was somewhat stressful as the craft site weren't answering either customers or Roku for quite a long time. Finally it was settled and we got refunded the pro-rata portion.

Nowadays, I subscribe directly to the site or service and then install the associated Roku channel, logging in as required. Thus when I choose to end the subscription, I don't have a hassle. I don't begrudge Roku their share when they resell subscriptions, but I want to choose how to pay it, and would use them if it is the better choice.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Dexer1, we see that you're trying to subscribe to new channels on your Roku device. We can help you with that.

When adding channels through your Roku device, first press Home on your Roku remote and then scroll and select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store.

At the top of the Channel Store is a list of featured, new, and popular categories to explore. You can enter a keyword in Search Channels to find choices based on the title of a channel. Below are a variety of genres to browse through.

For a step-by-step article on how to add channels to your Roku streaming device, you can click this link: https://support.roku.com/article/208756388

If you have any questions or need further help, please don’t hesitate to reach out with a DM. We’re always here for you.

Happy Streaming

Joseph-Roku

0 Kudos