Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dtshifter
Reel Rookie

Re: peacock not showing up on my ROKU SE

Jump to solution

I just found out why.  My Express is a 3700 and not really that old, maybe a year or so.  Peacock was only rolled out to the Express 3900 or newer.  Even people with the Ultra are getting screwed if it is not fairly new.

dtshifter of PA
0 Kudos
KordKutter
Binge Watcher

Re: peacock not showing up on my ROKU SE

Jump to solution

@dtshifter wrote:

I just found out why.  My Express is a 3700 and not really that old, maybe a year or so.  Peacock was only rolled out to the Express 3900 or newer.  Even people with the Ultra are getting screwed if it is not fairly new.

You're probably onto something there. My Express is a 3930X that I got last December.

0 Kudos
BP74theone
Channel Surfer

Peacock not showing up on my 3700x roku express

Jump to solution

I am able to get it on my roku tv and my phone app but not on my 3700x roku express. There is no support right now so please fix or give me a solution!!!!!

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Peacock not showing up on my 3700x roku express

Jump to solution

Its a lower end Roku that some Channels wont work on.

Need to upgrade.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos

Why won’t the new Peacock App download to my Roku Express

Jump to solution

Why won’t the Peacock app show up on my Roku Express?

0 Kudos
Shelix7584
Reel Rookie

Re: Where's Peacock?

Jump to solution

I got my Roku Express 3700 TWO YEARS AGO. There's no reason why we have to buy a new Roku for a single channel. NO REASON.

krickman

Re: Why won’t the new Peacock App download to my Roku Express

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Downloads on my other Roku player but not the Roku Express.   Does anyone know why? I have updated, restarted and even reset to factor settings and tried - but does not show up. Does not even show up in channel store. 

help please. 

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The 3700 was released in October 2016. The 3900's are from 2017. According to a chart on Wikipedia, the 3700's use some weird MStar CPU. The 3900's are using common ARM Cortex CPU's.

As noted, since Peacock is new, they are probably using an API (Application Programming Interface) designed for newer models.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku

KordKutter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Shelix7584 wrote:

I got my Roku Express 3700 TWO YEARS AGO. There's no reason why we have to buy a new Roku for a single channel. NO REASON.

I agree, but it was NBC that developed the app for Roku. I imagine they need to be getting complaints too!

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Just another techie page I found with all sorts of Roku hardware info:

http://en.techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Roku

0 Kudos