Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue and just did the factory reset and after reading the replies I guess I should expect it will happen again. Great product... it's garbage.

Rnabz

Jump to solution

I tried all the things. Even clearing the cache. What worked (for now anyway!) is deleting all my extra wallpapers. Hulu is now loading and working which it refuses to do for the last 2 weeks. 

Antwill
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with my Amazon prime.  I own a Sharp 58 inch Roku TV and I only started having these issues 6 months ago.  I pay for my prime service and I'm not able to watch it because of this is. Prior to that all of my apps were slow starting up. Please give me a definitive solution to this very annoying problem!!

HouseWork1
Reel Rookie

Re: Channels are not working . No enough space

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and have removed and re-added, reset and still get the same message.  I only have 5 channels - Hulu, Pandora, Prime, PBS,Netflix and Roku channels.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try clearing the cache - using your Roku remote, press Home 5 times, Up once, Rewind (<<) twice, and FF (>>) twice.  If you do it properly your Roku will appear to lock up and then reboot.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mikenyc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Where is ROKU SUPPORT on this?  Isn't anyone monitoring the blog?

All of these are temporary fixes.  Eventually it runs out of memory.  THIS NEVER HAPPENED for years.  I have been a big Roku customer for years.  Only in the last year or so has this been a problem.  THIS SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM FOR A YEAR!!.  And this is an issue on both my Roku TV's and my Roku device.

I am a programmer.  To me it looks like an errant app that it eating up memory.  I am pointing to GOOGLE.  Either or both Youtube or Youtube TV is causing the issue.

I guess that Roku will only research this issue when it hits their bottom line.  Meaning people stop buying TV's with the Roku Op System or their devices.  They should research it, and go back to the app developer and tell them they will take the app off Roku if not fixed ASAP!

I for one also have a Firestick.  There are issues there but if you unload an app, you can load others.

This is unacceptable.

ROKU, FIX THIS ISSUE!!!   N O W!!!

Riya
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If you look throughout the Roku community vpaulsmith, you will notice that this particular issue has been happening since around 2019, and still, there is no fix for it available. All we receive from Roku are the same generic answers that their poor employees are allowed to give us which do not help, nor fix the problem.

dafox99
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same problem.  Not enough space.  I have literally 8 channels.  I reset to factory settings twice.  I tried the "press home five times" procedure.  Nothing.  Same problem.

0 Kudos
dafox99
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey Danny and gang.

Same problem.  I have a roku premier.  My other premier works fine.  This one started the "not enough space" thing to either add a channel or load one.  I literally have eight channels right now, but only two work.  I did two factory re-sets, and then followed some sorta nutty instructions about hitting "home" five times followed by some other instructions "reset cache".  Nadda.  Very frustrated there's no one to call or text.  Just dead in the water paying for services I can't use.  Any/all help appreciated.

0 Kudos
dafox99
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So, I guess we're all buying competitor products and posting 1 star reviews for roku as they are not only silent on this, but have no real help line for the products we bought that don't work.