Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bellar1

Re: How to fix error message 'Not enough space. Please delete some apps and try again'

Jump to solution

Having same issue with YouTube. I have deleted a doze apps and still get error message. I really don't want to factory reset and add back all my apps. Does Roku have a solution other than same script we've been seeing for over a year?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to fix error message 'Not enough space. Please delete some apps and try again'

Jump to solution

@bellar1 wrote:

Having same issue with YouTube. I have deleted a doze apps and still get error message. I really don't want to factory reset and add back all my apps. Does Roku have a solution other than same script we've been seeing for over a year?

It appears that Roku pushed out some behind the scenes software that made some devices run short on memory. It does appear they are now making a new OS version that resolves the issue, so perhaps you haven't received that yet.

If you do decide to do a factory reset, you do not have to add your channels back in. When you link a Roku device to an existing user account, all channels that are attached to that account are installed automatically, assuming the channel is supported on that specific device. You would still need to enter your authentication into channels that require such, like Netflix or Prime Video. But they would all be installed without manual action on your part.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
rhampton0010
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So far, the solution for me, was to delete YouTube.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

@Wolfslisz

Thanks for the post.

What specific error code are you experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rhampton0010
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,                

For me, so far, the solution was to delete you tube from my account.

0 Kudos
Ecgraups
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

SOLUTION: I found a sequence of button presses that fixed the problem. In quick succession, press the following sequence: home button five times, then up button once, then rewind button twice, then fast forward twice. If done correctly the Roku will freeze up for a second or two, then it will go to a title screen once or twice, and then back to the main channel menu. Once back in main channel menu you will then be able to return to the channel and it will load. Apparently the button sequence above clears the cache- but not the passwords and such, so you will be able to go right back in to the channel as always. 

Tags (1)
lls88

Jump to solution

this worked for us on our TLC 55' TV..  had been getting this error and deleted 60 channels and we were still getting it with Amazon Prime and Parmount+  now seems to be working after clearing this case technique.  would have been GREAt to have 2 months ago before we deleted everything and reset multiple times.  (these 10 keystrokes rapidly on the home screen)

home Key 5 times 

up Key 1 time

rewind Key 2 times

fast forward Key  2 times.    

it then "flashes and reboots and seems to work now.  will update if it happens again to know how long this help lasts.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lymbo

Re: Its 11/2021 and still Roku Not Enough Space???

Jump to solution

Danny,

It is now 14.5 months after apparently the Roku-space-challenge-issue.  To be candid, this has got to be an embarrassment to Roku.

Like many others, my YouTube TV channel stopped working yesterday.  I am now understanding that I can access my YouTube TV account via YouTube.  I had YouTube app on Roku TV.  Got the same message as others, all of a sudden not enough room on tv to launch app. So...

I deleted the app to attempt to reinstall.  Nope, nothing, same issue as others.    And please, before you ask me to reset factory settings, I've pretty much stripped out most channels, the nuclear option to "factory reset", and have to reconfigure the unit, isn't going to happen brother.

LikeI mentioned, we are more than 14 months later, so WHAT IS THE FIX?

Thank you for your time and attention - JPL

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Repeating the same steps that didn't help others apparently isn't working. How about... fix the issue. I personally don't enjoy re-adding all these channels over and over. I had a feeling I need to go back to Fire TV.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend trying to remove unused channels from your Roku device, then removing the Youtube channel, restarting your Roku device, then adding the channel back again to see if the issue is resolved.

In addition, what screensaver are you currently using, users have stated that changing their screensaver helped resolve their issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos