Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

@CCC1 @Eeoaiya

Thanks for the posts.

Do you have any of the follow channels: Vudu, the Aquatic Life screensaver, or Netflix. Have you tried removing these channels, then restarting your device and trying to add the Youtube channel to see if your issue is resolved?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
byrnest

Re: Channels are not working . No enough space

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues.  Tried all of the suggested troubleshooting and resets multiple times.  Reading these post does not give me any confidence it is going to work again.  My Roku is 2710X model, serial number 1xJ64V089474.  When I follow the instructions for the device ID and other information going to settings and about, it only give me the network name and Internet connection IP's.  

Suggestions ??

Thanks,

Terri

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channels are not working . No enough space

Jump to solution

That sounds like you’re doing Settings > Network > About

The info you’re after is under Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution

@dad004

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing any unused channels from your Roku device, restarting your device, and then seeing if you are still experiencing an issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TerryDS

Jump to solution

This issue is getting ridiculous. Roku needs to fix it instead of telling everyone to delete channels, reset device. Maybe we should all just move to Firestick or other streaming devices.

DBDukes

Re: Not enough space.....more like not enough service

Jump to solution

Mine works great. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

When are you seeing this message, when you're adding a new channel or when using a channel already installed? Depending on the device (you didn't state what model number you have), some do have limited operational memory and some of the newest channels might not be satisfied with the amount. It's not the fault of Roku, but when the developers design their channels for a minimum hardware level they need to be up front about it. Unfortunately, many channel developers are not fully honest about which devices will work with their channel. Disney is one, and HBO is another. They sometimes struggle with the low end players, and especially the older models that are still listed as "supported" on their web site.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I got this message about 30 minutes ago when I clicked on the YT-TV channel. I was like "ok, I'll remove a couple of channels".  I knew it was suspicious so checked to make sure it was two channels other than YT that I deleted. Of course, now YT and YT-TV aren't working - message states for both that it could not be reinstalled from the network. I didn't remove those two channels, so they should be working!!!!

0 Kudos
domineone
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We haven't received the message again since we deleted quite a few channels that we weren't watching.  

0 Kudos
Dragonfury25
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked for me. Finally! I removed Vudu, Netflix & Aquatic Screensaver then reset. YouTube came up with no difficulty. I then re-added Vudu & Netflix (checking to see if YT would work between each add) & it did fine. I did not add Aquatic Screensaver though. It’s my favorite & I've been using it for the past month. I think I’ll leave it off for a while. Maybe because I’ve been using it for so long & for long intervals, perhaps that’s been the cause? I say that because I’ve not watched either Netflix or Vudu in several months...it’s been YT only.

Anyway, thanx Danny. Maybe check that screensaver for possible bugs? Just a thought.

— Pamela

0 Kudos