Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tScooter

Not enough storage for Mobile Screensaver??

Jump to solution

So this is the first time I've gotten the error. To be fair I haven't tried to use Mobiles Screensavers in about a year but that's when I change them up. I'm using a 42" Sharp Roku TV Roku TV and I've been getting this error every time I try to use mobile screensaver.IMG_20210328_094949.jpg

I only have 2 channels and no themes installed. I also have 3 HDMIs being used but that shouldn't make a difference. Please Help!!!

0 Kudos
FLINTonTV

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution

Do you have the aquatic screensaver? We downloaded this a few weeks ago and started having the memory issue shortly after. Once we deleted the aquatic screensaver, our issue went away. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not enough storage for Mobile Screensaver??

Jump to solution

Have you tried restarting your Roku to clear out its memory cache?

These things are just little special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them is all it needs.

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (Or for Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

If a restart doesn't do it, try pulling the power plug to the device for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Ms_Sid_D

Jump to solution

In the immortal words of Roy from the IT Crowd:

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" 

I just simply unplugged the main electric source from the outlet and plugged it back in.

As a precaution, BEFORE I did this, I did do a RokuTV system update AND uninstalled and reinstalled my YT app (the other apps were working fine and did not have the "enough space notification").

It worked just fine after plugging it back in! Just had to sign in again for the YT app. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Stay safe and wear a 😷. TY for coming to my TED Talk 🙏🏽.

0 Kudos
mikenyc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unfortunally the issue will come back.  But you have point to what I have been saying for months.  There are issues with Google apps.  Particularly YouTube TV.  Roku and Google need to concentrate on that app and possible YouTube app as well.

Roku has been ZERO help on this for over a year.  Fire TV seems to be the way to go I guess.

I'm blue in the face saying they need to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mikenyc

Thanks for the post.

Do you have any of the follow channels: Vudu, the Aquatic Life screensaver, or Netflix. If so, have you tried removing these channels, then restarting your device and trying to add channels to see if your issue is resolved?

Please be aware that many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Due to the age of this thread, we will be closing this thread out. If you are still experiencing an issue and need further assistance, we would recommend searching for another thread related to the issue you are experiencing, or feel free to create a new post if no threads currently exist.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Milana_1
Reel Rookie

Re: Not enough storage for Mobile Screensaver??

Jump to solution

Yeah, cache clearing should help to solve it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

@CCC1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CCC1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I removed 3 channels and still have the error message; "not enough space". And it just started this yesterday and I had not added a new one. I actually went to a channel I have had for a couple of years and all of a sudden, I can't access it.

0 Kudos
Eeoaiya

Jump to solution

So i just started getting this a few days ago... I cant have both youtube and netflix because they both take up too much space, so i have to pick one or the other like what? I didny even know tvs had space

0 Kudos