Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjgrand
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

Thank you.  I tried that but it didn't work.  Then immediately I did a full factory reset and that worked.  Issue resolved but seems like that shouldn't have needed to happen

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution

Hi @chobbs47 @Slagator,

Thanks for the posts,

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Do you have Vudu, the life aquatic screensaver, or Netflix installed? If so, could you please remove these channels and see if the issue still persists.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Slagator
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have all three however, after deleting 90% of my channels and hard booting (removing power), I haven’t experienced it for about a week.  If it happens again, I’ll try your suggestion and chime in, here.

0 Kudos
Amy11

Jump to solution

This worked!  Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Do you have any of the follow channels: Vudu, the Aquatic Life screensaver, or Netflix. If so, have you tried removing these channels, then restarting your device and trying to add channels to see if your issue is resolved?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carlat

Jump to solution

I have tried the Solutions offered for memory issues and channels not opening and it only offers temporary fix. It is also very time-consuming to remove channels on my Roku TV. Some take up to 5 minutes of waiting. Some take several attempts to remove. It is so easy to add channels but I can spend 30 minutes trying to remove just a few channels. Many times I must unplug the TV because it gets stuck while trying to remove channels. I put a Firestick in the HDMI port and every single channel opens quickly with no issues on the Roku TV. It is the same TV. Why do the Firestick channels work just fine but the Roku channels claim not enough memory? It is highly disappointing how inferior Roku has become compared to your competitor. It is time consuming to wait and see if the channel opens. Restarting TV from unplugging after a failed removal attempt over and over. Who wants to watch TV this way? There is something wrong with the software and it needs to be fixed before people stop buying Roku TV's altogether. I read through this forum and you are not offering a permanent fix. I have given up using the Roku TV channels and now immediately switch over to the Firestick on the HDMI port. 

Lasroo

Jump to solution

Thank u for posting this information.  It worked  for us!

Thank u again!

0 Kudos
ShannonS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey guys! I finally found the permanent solution to this issue!

I bought an Amazon FireTV stick.

I can't believe Danny had the nerve to return to this thread after six months of ignoring it with yet another useless reply that shows he didn't even thoroughly read the thread. He's infuriating and I'm not even dealing with this BS anymore.

Danny should be fired or at least reassigned. Customer service and technical support are clearly not his areas of expertise.

I won't know if they ever fix this issue, as both of my Roku Express units have joined their older brothers in my obsolete electronics storage bin that I will one day recycle. And yes, they are all brothers, not sisters, because like most men, Roku refuses to admit their mistakes. Sorry, I'm just joking, mostly. 😃

This first generation Roku early adopter is done with Roku. Good luck to the rest of you!

JSaumur
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Visitor200 that information may by pure luck work for you, but that isn't the problem at all.  The problem is with the software update and the fact that doing a manufacture reset will work for a day or two for some proves that since the box will go get the update again and again until Roku fixes it for good.  My mother has a Roku box and it's her first one and never had an account before either, she has only two channel on her list (Netflix and Youtube) and yet she's now experiencing that problem as well and even after a useless manufacture reset suggested by the technician in here.  Thank you for your help but the problem is definitely software related.

0 Kudos
JSaumur
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That isn't a logical problem for everybody about watching the add.  There's no add on Netflix  and this problem is happening to my mother who's using only Netflix and just watch movies.  I'm positive this as to do with their software update since it's happening right after that.  However, the memory problem shouldn't be an issue anyway since it's never been an issue with the Roku box in the past until that update came along.

0 Kudos