Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

@dbornhorstjr

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny 

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kbark65

Jump to solution

This solution worked for me...so far. I have read other posts before this one that indicate the problem may recur after a period of time. But for now it is working and the advice is much appreciated.  

0 Kudos
CHER128

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution

I bought a Roku for my son last year. It was never opened until my Roku remote started draining batteries like no tomorrow. I also have the same message of not enough space. I have deleted many and down to the bare minimum! It seems ALOT of people are having the same issue with no resolution.   ROKU do u have a solution that actually works??? 

0 Kudos
Kas2

Jump to solution

Thank you for that you tube link.  Worked beautifully for me!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Channels are not working . No enough space

Jump to solution

@SalAce

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing any unused channels from your Roku device including the Youtube channel, restart your device, then try to add the Youtube channel back to see if you are still experiencing the issue you are seeing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dafox99
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've been working with a support team.  I've tried all the fixes.  The one that came the closest was the reset button.  It fixed it for a few minutes as I loaded channels.  When I loaded the 6th one (Apple), it locked up, re-booted, locked up, etc.  Then it did a reset and wanted me to reconfigure all over again.  Nice folks who tried hard, but I'm giving up.  I've spent hours re-configuring.

0 Kudos
SailFoilFly
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I believe it comes from the ads that you don't watch in full. Discovered with my Roku 2 and 3 that if I back out of an ad midway through it, then no longer YouTube or Netflix work due to space. Then I will go to any other channel that has advertising and watch an ad set all the way through,. Then YouTube works. I assume the ads take up the memory and when you finished watching them they are cleared away and good to go

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Daffylo

Jump to solution

Since Friday I cannot launch Netflix. Error message says "cannot launch Netflix - not enough space. I have removed most channels (only 6 left) and it still will not launch. Please help.

This is my serial # of my device 

SN:4A757J014613

Please help!

Linda

0 Kudos
brsm

Jump to solution
@DignifiedB wrote:

I was having the same issue and found a video on YouTube that explained how to clear the cache on a Roku TV.  I didn't even realize that was possible, but it worked!  No more storage space errors and no more slow loading of apps (YouTube just popped right open).  

Here's what you need to do:

-Press the Home button 5 times, Up 1 time, Rewind 2 times, Fast Forward 2 times and then wait for your device to reboot.  After pressing rewind for the second time, the screen will kind of freeze on a line.  It took my TV a minute or so to reset after this, but it's working great now!  Hope this helps.

Here's a link to the video if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qLz3oATZ_E

Thank you, this fixed the problem for us as well. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Couple of things to mention regarding the issue of Roku devices that do not have enough space:
- please provide the Roku device that you are experiencing

- does the Roku device have the ability to add a micro SD card? are you using a micro SD card?

- have you tried removing any unused channels? after removing those channels, have you tried performing a factory reset on your device before adding channel onto your Roku device? For more information about how to try to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

- is this issue happening when you are trying to access a specific channel?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos