Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikenyc
Channel Surfer

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution

I see no solution here.  I have a TCL Roku TV and I am having the same problem.  I find a reboot helps temporarily.  But every time I switch apps, it reloads the app.  Eventually It will give the warning "Not enough space".

Please, DO NOT REPEAT: "Did I unload other apps?".  The message that comes up tells you to do that.  obviously that isn't working.  We need Roku tech to come in and find the problem and fix it ASAP!

Thanks

Mike

UI-Designer
Binge Watcher

Re: Not Enough Space for YouTube and Apple TV Not Launching

Jump to solution

Has anyone found a solution for this very frustration problem yet?

I'm running into the same issue too on my Roku Express+ 3910RW when trying to view YouTube (get error message "Can't run channel" "... not enough space...") along with Apple TV not loading (will load to 100% and then return to the Home screen without loading).

Please, please Roku try to fix this huge and VERY annoying problem and please work with Google too if the issue is with their YouTube channel code!! 

And if this is not a bug in RokuOS, then when the "Can't run channel" message appears, instead of only giving the "OK" choice, please also give a choice to view which channels are taking up most of the space so we can try to focus on removing those channels.  Thanks!

Please do not keep ignoring this issue, Roku, and please STOP blaming the user -- you, Roku, are ultimately responsible for the user experience.

UI-Designer
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Not Enough Space with YouTube and Apple TV Not Launching

Jump to solution

I am running into this SAME issue as well on my Roku Express+ 3910RW using composite port when trying to view YouTube (get error message "Can't run channel" "... not enough space...") along with Apple TV not loading (will load to 100% and then return to the Home screen without loading).

I removed YouTube, restarted my Roku device, and then reinstalled YouTube, but same issue still exists. I also made sure I am using the Default Theme pack.

Please, please Roku try to fix this huge and VERY annoying issue and please work with Google too if the issue is with their YouTube channel code!!

And if this is not a bug in RokuOS, then when the "Can't run channel" message appears, instead of only giving the "OK" choice, please also give a choice to view which channels are taking up most of the space so we can try to focus on removing those channels. Thanks!

Please do not keep ignoring this issue, Roku, and please STOP blaming the user -- you, Roku, are ultimately responsible for the user experience.

UI-Designer
Binge Watcher

Re: Not Enough Space: YouTube + AppleTV Not Launching

Jump to solution

I want to know too if you have found a solution since I am running into this SAME issue too on my Roku Express+ 3910RW using composite port when trying to view YouTube (get error message "Can't run channel" "... not enough space...") along with Apple TV not loading (will load to 100% and then return to the Home screen without loading), but luckily Disney+ is still working fine so far.

I removed YouTube, restarted my Roku device, and then reinstalled YouTube, but same issue still exists. I also made sure I am using the Default Theme pack.

Please, please Roku try to fix this huge and VERY annoying issue and please work with Google too if the issue is with their YouTube channel code!!

And if this is not a bug in RokuOS, then when the "Can't run channel" message appears, instead of only giving the "OK" choice, please also give a choice to view which channels are taking up most of the space so we can try to focus on removing those channels. Thanks!

todd_j

Jump to solution

This is obiously more than just an isolated issue.  Many users are experiencing the same issue, including myself.   At one time, I had 320 streaming channels installed on my TCL roku TV.  Recently I started getting this message.   "Not enough space".  It happened consistently with one app.  I deleted that app.  It worked for a while and then I got the same message:  "not enough space".   I deleted that app.  Then I deleted 30-40 other apps.  I haven't been able to install the app that was originally giving me "not enough space".  

Today, I got it on Hulu.  then I got it on PlutoTv.  Then I got it on every app that i tried.  Strange.  I am 40 channels or more below what i was successfully running a few weeks ago.  Now I'm getting "not enough space" on every channel.  Obviously, that message isn't entirely truthful.  "Not enough space should go away" once i remove several apps.  I appears unrelated to how many apps i have or how many apps i remove.

I've checked several forums posts here and the message from roku is the same:  "Remove the Channel. Then factory reset Roku."  That doesn't seem to solve the issue.  For me or for anyone else.  Then Roku's follow-up response is "PM me and i will solve the issue for you."  Why PM?  This is a common issue that needs to be addressed and solved for everyone -- if indeed there is a viable solution.   The solution is NOT "factory reset" mind you.   Plus, i am NOT factory resetting multiple times and trying to add and re-add 100+ apps.  that's not an option.  There must be a better solution and the solution must be in the form of a software update.  I'm waiting....

By the way i was able to get Hulu and other channels working ... for now.   Settings > System > Power > Restart seems to work for me ... for now.  We'll see how long that works.

But, Roku, you have some software work to do.  This issue is on you!  

DignifiedB

Jump to solution

I was having the same issue and found a video on YouTube that explained how to clear the cache on a Roku TV.  I didn't even realize that was possible, but it worked!  No more storage space errors and no more slow loading of apps (YouTube just popped right open).  

Here's what you need to do:

-Press the Home button 5 times, Up 1 time, Rewind 2 times, Fast Forward 2 times and then wait for your device to reboot.  After pressing rewind for the second time, the screen will kind of freeze on a line.  It took my TV a minute or so to reset after this, but it's working great now!  Hope this helps.

Here's a link to the video if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qLz3oATZ_E

ShannonS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Clearing the cache did not resolve the issue on either of my Roku Express units, however it has since resolved itself. I'm glad it worked on the Roku TV for someone but I wouldn't get too excited yet. I temporarily resolved this issue multiple times only to have it return. So cross your fingers!

I had to turn off the very useful Sound Leveling feature in order to get my audio to stop skipping (another widespread issue they are ignoring). I do not believe these two issues to be related, but I haven't had the no space problem return since. It's probably a coincidence, however I just turned the feature back on to see if either bug returns.

UI-Designer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@DignifiedB wrote:

I was having the same issue and found a video on YouTube that explained how to clear the cache on a Roku TV.  I didn't even realize that was possible, but it worked!  No more storage space errors and no more slow loading of apps (YouTube just popped right open).  

Here's what you need to do:

- Press the Home button 5 times, Up 1 time, Rewind 2 times, Fast Forward 2 times and then wait for your device to reboot.  After pressing rewind for the second time, the screen will kind of freeze on a line.  It took my TV a minute or so to reset after this, but it's working great now!  Hope this helps.

Here's a link to the video if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qLz3oATZ_E

I tried this too on my Roku Express+ 3910, but sadly, I still cannot load the YouTube channel.

I also tried removing YouTube, doing what you said, and then adding YouTube back again, but still cannot load the YouTube channel due to "not enough space."

Thank you, DignifiedB, for giving us something else to try. I forgot about the secret Home x5, Up x1, RW x2, FF x2 sequence, which I thought was only to send diagnostic info to Roku, but did not realize could clear the cache too. If you find anything else, please let us know.

homesteadchic
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

listen you keep writing the same darn thing we are not idiots we follow directions well NOW is roku gonna solve this or are you gonna have a CLASS ACTION suit going here? this is crazy we pay for netflix and hulu ect but we can't watch it on roku because it says no space delete apps everyone on this feed is deleting the apps all of them and doing a factory reset which is annoying and time consuming to add it all back over and over. FIND A SOLUTION FAST OF REFUND OUR MONEY OR REPLACE THE TVS FOR FREE! I HAVE 4 OF THESE 65 IN, 50IN AND TWO 45 IN LETS GET IT TOGETHER NOW DANNY DO SOMETHING HELPFUL AND STOP THE **bleep** REPEATING THE SAME ANSWER THAT DOES'NT WORK ALREADY!

R2walter

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

Ridiculous. Was so excited to get my Roku streambar today but I've been getting nothing but problems since setting it up today. Apple TV app doesn't run - says video won't load and to check connection which I did in Roku settings but still won't launch any show or movie. Ok fine so tried streaming on AirPlay.  When I open AirPlay it says "Not enough space, delete channels" - I deleted almost everything and still get the same message. What a garbage system! Roku you get on day to resolve this or the streambar is going back for an Amazon Fire stick.