Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Level 20

How to fix YouTube TV licensing error

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hi @Skidiverlb

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Please be advised that YouTube has been removed from our platform. We would recommend reaching out to YouTube TV Support for more information on how you can access their channel on Roku. 

You can contact them here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/gethelp

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

@RokuKariza-D  you need to edit that - YouTube has NOT been removed:  downloads/installs of the YouTube TV app for new use/accounts has been removed (pre-dispute users can still download/access/use the YTTV app).

0 Kudos
flfosgl43
Level 7

Re: How to fix YouTube TV licensing error

Jump to solution

I am still getting issues. No Youtube TV on either tv and the app is gone and I am unable to load it.

What's going on?

0 Kudos
Bobby22
Level 7

Jump to solution

The only reason I use Roku is for access to YouTube TV on my older smart TVs. This is definitely a Roku problem. Guess we can all just get a Google Chromecast  and solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Norm2424
Level 7

Jump to solution

It told me it was a network connection error but all my other channels work. I removed the youtube tv channel thinking i would just redownload it and now it does not even present as a channel option. Any ideas on what i can do?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@flfosgl43 @Norm2424 @Bobby22 

Roku and Google are in a carriage dispute involving the YTTV app.

If you remove the YTTV app, you wont get it back until the end of the dispute.

For now, you can access YTTV through the YT app:  Open YT, select "YouTube TV" from the lower left corner of the UI.

0 Kudos
Eliza1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine just started this within the last few hours. Mine is still not working and I’ve tried everything you have suggested

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 13

Jump to solution
0 Kudos